Pension rates for 2006

Discussion in 'Home Defense/Guns' started by moopups, Nov 29, 2005.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    A letter came yesterday stating that next years nonservice connected pension increases is to the amount of $881.00 per month, 2/5ths more and I could be up to the local poverty level.

2. nehimama

nehimama An Ozark Engineer Supporter

I didn't get that one yet. Gee. Guess I'm still at way below poverty level. :help:

NeHi Mama
    (USAF Ret)

3. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

Please note that this is the disability 100% non service connected pension. Service connected is presently at $2,193.00 for 100% per month.

4. Donna-6

Donna-6 Well-Known Member

Got a question for ya. What is the rate for 80% disability for service connected

5. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

$1,754.00 according to my math formula if the VA uses standard math. But they are known to practice 'funny math', an example is that a veteran can have 40% for one item, 55% for another, and 10% for a third and it will not be added up to 105%. Their rate issueing system is still a mystery to all but those whom use it daily. Seek out the answer with your state vets rep in the blue pages of the phone book.

The VA now considers their own doctors evualations of a persons condition, in the past they only considered outside medical opinions. In that the rateing is done by a panel familiar with the system; and the medical persons are a completely different group.

6. Donna-6

Donna-6 Well-Known Member

We got a letter from VA saying he was 80% disable appro year ago. He has been drawing $1009 Got a letter last week. His pay went up to $1054. The gas has the difference, now How on earth does other people draw so much :shrug:

7. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

Veterans pension rates are based on loss of limb use, a person with a back injury and cannot walk will recieve more than a person who lost a leg but can use an artifical one. Its explained within the 'major links' sticky, I do not remember which site it is listed on but the site titles are fairly accurate in giving the content description.

8. Caelma

Caelma Well-Known Member

Isn't disabilty the same as VA benefits?

Then again it might be different between retirees and disability before
    20 years???
    I know my hubby gets VA cause his % of disability was over his retirement pay, then they added this concurrent reciept thingy.
    Or are these totally different things?

Are you folks getting disability not entitled to concurrent reciept?

9. SpaceCadet12364

SpaceCadet12364 Well-Known Member

south central KY 75 miles SSE of Louisville
    Nope, we get screwed.

Even though I earned my 20 year pension, concurrent receipt takes 40% away and gives me that money back through the VA. SO, I only get the same amount that my retirement would have been irregardless of the 40% VA rating. :grit: :bash: :mad:

10. Caelma

Caelma Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly concurrant reciept is for those 50% and above.

My husband gets 100% of his check through the Va since it was very close to his retirement 'and' concurrant reciept. He retired regularly not for medical. But is disability level is over double yours.
    Va benefit due to disability and the concurrant reciept are 2 different things if I remember correctly.

But if you're 40% you are still getting your $$ just part from the Va which is tax free and the rest through DFAS which is taxed right? In the end they add up to the same just 40% of what you get is tax free.
    Just 40% comes from the Va and 60% comes from DFAS.

Concurrant reciept would have nothing to do with that. (taking away)
    Or am I missing something?