Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
Is Taiwan our proxy with China, as Ukraine is with Russia?

If they are, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re our proxy by our choice. No doubt that we need Taiwan for their micro chips, and we need Ukraine for all the jobs they create for our elected leaders’ crackhead children, but both Ukraine and Taiwan came to center stage because the Commies gotta Commie.

When their own Commie policies become economically untenable, they have no other tactic than to adventure and steal the resources of their smaller, weaker neighbors.

On the one hand, Pelosi’s visit was a gamble that paid out in the near term. We got to see China posture and then back down. On the other hand, that embarrassment may just be enough to force Xi to accelerate his timetable and invade Taiwan sooner.

·
Registered
188 Posts
ChiComs are all talk, all show and no go right now ..... Thank God!

With the big election coming up, Xi can't afford a war right now.

But after Xi wins a 3rd term and is basically enshrined for life, all bets are off come Spring of 2023.

China knows they need to wrap up Taiwan prior to the 2024 election. Between now and Jan. '25 Inauguration is China's window to do whatever they please.

·
Registered
41,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Here is my thinking.

Covid revealed the weakness of the global economy. Far flung supply chains really mucked things up. The muck was made worse by China being at the center of so much of the supply chain.

That weakness has to be addressed. We are making noise about bring things back on shore, but I am not sure how real all that is.

The WEF has recognized the global supply chain weakness.

The most successful aspect of the war in Ukraine is the WEF nations solidarity in ostracizing Russia.

China would face the same fate if they invade Taiwan. China will either be brought to heel, or they will be on the outside looking in at the WEF nations.

My guess we will eventually have two poles in global power, the WEF nations and everyone else.

·
Registered
41,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
41,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Chinese embassies in countries like the UK, Japan and India all released similarly stern messages, and Qin Gang, Chinese envoy to the US, lodged solemn representations and strong protests in the first place with the US White House National Security Council and the Department of State.

"Do members of the American public understand the horrors their government is about to inflict on their sons and daughters when they are sent off to fight a wholly inappropriate intervention that the US will lose?" Gayl asked.

·
Registered
41,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
the international community including Russia, North Korea, Iran and Pakistan reaffirmed their adherence to the one-China principle on Wednesday, voicing discontent and condemnation of US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's provocative visit to the island of Taiwan, as analysts said it is time to review United Nations General Assembly Resolution 2758 and the fact that the island of Taiwan is an inalienable part of China.

·
Registered
41,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
This was not political @wr

This is about the next world war

·
Registered
41,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
OK - Back on track.

Here is my thinking.

Covid revealed the weakness of the global economy. Far flung supply chains really mucked things up. The muck was made worse by China being at the center of so much of the supply chain.

That weakness has to be addressed. We are making noise about bring things back on shore, but I am not sure how real all that is.

The WEF has recognized the global supply chain weakness.

The most successful aspect of the war in Ukraine is the WEF nations solidarity in ostracizing Russia.

China would face the same fate if they invade Taiwan. China will either be brought to heel, or they will be on the outside looking in at the WEF nations.

My guess we will eventually have two poles in global power, the WEF nations and everyone else.
My thinking was not original -

U.S. officials are pushing their Taiwanese counterparts with new urgency to look to Ukraine’s success in fending off Russian forces as a blueprint for countering a Chinese attack​
U.S. effort to reshape Taiwan’s military has taken on new urgency since the Russian invasion, officials and experts said. U.S. officials are pointing to Ukraine’s success with Stinger anti-aircraft and Javelin anti-tank missiles, as well as its spirited corps of civilian volunteers, as proof that the strategy they have long endorsed works.​
“The Ukraine situation validated some long-standing steps we’ve been taking in Taiwan,” said one DoD official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive topic.​

·
Sock puppet reinstated
27,866 Posts
Standing up to China in this situation is very strong leadership. They should not be able to restrict where Americans travel except in their own country.

·
Registered
41,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Does any of this matter?

Azure Font Electric blue Art Terrestrial plant

21 - 40 of 43 Posts