Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
zone 5 - riverfrontage
7,308 Posts
Dems are hoping she can sneak in and out without causing a war.

If she can, then they hope to say that proves our current POTUS is a formidable world power and that China was afraid to go against him.

On the other hand, if China bombs half of Taiwan, then they will blame Trump.

·
Registered
7,239 Posts

·
Registered
41,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No benefit at all. She is taking her last junket at tax payer expense. Her main purpose is to lie to our allies, and to go shopping in Taiwan.
I read her trip cost 90 million dollars

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
I read her trip cost 90 million dollars
That's OK. Pelosi is trying to recoup some of the $341,365 loss by her husband when he had to sell the 25,000 shares of Nvidia (chip manufacturer) stock for insider trading.....

·
Registered
9,267 Posts
I dont know but the response from China is very telling. Just a few years ago, China denied having any intention of invading Taiwan, now they are basically saying "yeah we're going in".
Yep. Even under Obama, Russia kept its invasion of Ukraine to the Donbas, and as an insurgency supplied by dirt-road border-crossings, at night.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Well if we're going to survive the next five years before our own chip industry is up and running, we really do have to ignore China and do whatever Taiwan wants us to do. I have no idea how Pelosi fits into that equation, but I'm guessing no one here does either.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Well if we're going to survive the next five years before our own chip industry is up and running, we really do have to ignore China and do whatever Taiwan wants us to do. I have no idea how Pelosi fits into that equation, but I'm guessing no one here does either.
Pelosi is just following the nearest staffer with a bottle. There was little doubt once the CCP blustered about shooting down her plane that there was no choice any longer other than to go.

·
Registered
41,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pelosi wouldn't have made the trip without coordinating with the President. They are playing good cop/bad cop with the Chinese, a very dangerous game.
I agree.

Something is afoot

Reactions: Summerdaze7
1 - 20 of 43 Posts