pellet Wormers

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Oldntimes, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Oldntimes

Oldntimes Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Has anyone used Positive Pellet Goat Dewormer by manna Pro???
    I was wondering if it is effective. :baby04:
    You can feed it to them by it's self as a feeding or as a top dressing.

2. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

I've used it. Worked well. However, it doesn't work for goats who don't like the taste! LOL

3. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

I tried to feed it to my goats. Only 4 ate it without a problem, another 4 I had trouble feeding it to, putting grain in to help. Two wouldn't eat it at all. Would have been easy if they all ate it but... :shrug: I had to reworm since only 4 got the full dose.

4. Slev

Slev Well-Known Member Supporter

I was wintering some goats last winter for a friend and I liked it, it was easy to use and fed it per goat in their pens so I could see who ate it and who didn't. Everyone ate it fine. I got to keep the kids, but only 1 3/4 Nubian 1/4 boer female was born. I think she is going to turn out to be a nice little milker.

5. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

My goats wouldn't eat it. Not one of them, out of 24.

6. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

My goats weren't fond of it and you have to make sure they get their *entire* dose.....a big problem with goats that don't like it. Also you have to feed them all separate or the pigs will get more than their share and the others don't get enough....wormy goats and resistant worms are the result of that. So *if* you have a small herd that you can take the time to separate and be sure they get their full dose...and *if* your goats like it....I guess its supposed to work decently. With a large herd its impossible to use. :shrug: