Peace AND

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by NWSneaky, Jun 24, 2005.

1. NWSneaky

NWSneaky Well-Known Member

How's the weather today in your piece of the earth? Mighty hot and dry here. (N.Mo.)

2. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

High 90's here in TX and seems like more. Try to conserve on electricity so the electric bill won't be out of sight, but it is hard to do. Spend alot of time outdoors in the shade trying to do what gardening I can and trying to keep the animals cool when it is hot, usually turn the hose on mist and leave it going for them. The well water is so nice and cool.

3. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

It as been in the mid 90's this week so we are very happy to have an overcast sky today! I'll take thunderstorms anyday over blazing sun.

4. Sweetgal

Sweetgal Well-Known Member

Montana but traveling full time in travel trailer
    Well, since you asked, I got you all beat on the heat. It's been in the 100s every day here for a week or so at least. Yesterday it hit 112 with a hot wind. I went outside to check on something that blew over and thought I was in a blast furnace. Who says a nice breeze can make it cooler? Seemed like the wind was making it hotter here. Well at least it's a "dry" heat...LOL. The heat may be dry but I'm not after I get out in it.
    By the way, I'm living in Arizona right now, NW of Phoenix. Can you wonder why I'm looking to move north?
    Sweets

5. RedneckWoman

RedneckWoman Well-Known Member

95 and soooo nice. :cool: It does kinda put a damper on my plans to pour some concrete though, sets up too fast in this heat (I know pour faster but with my little mixer it just ain't happenin :haha: ).

6. .Marie.

.Marie. Registered Human

Here in central Ohio we are hot and dry (in the 90s)...in the cities and villages around me, there are already restrictions on water usage due to the drought. I am grateful to be living in the country where I can water my garden whenever I like.
    The up side of it is.....sun tea only takes 5 minutes to brew!

7. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

Triple digits here in El Paso. I'm going to be much thinner by the end of the summer.

Nikki

8. kppop

kppop Well-Known Member

Here in SW Mi it is a warm 90 degrees outside and a cool 76 inside. :)