pbp meat breeders page

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by GeorgeK, Jan 12, 2007.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Well-Known Member

sorry for making a new thread out of this, but it seemed appropriate

I get emails frequently from people far away wanting to raise potbellies for meat, but I don't know of anyone close to them, and being disabled, I can't drive them.

I was considering adding a page to my website just listing breeders of pbp's as a meat pig and a source for buying pbp's that have not been sterilized. If you are interested email me through my website, put pbp meat breeder in the subject heading so the filters don't junk it, and spread the word. Let me know what contact information you want put on it but limit it to a few lines plus or minus a link. If you don't want people calling you, then don't list a phone number or specify calling hours with a time zone. If you don't want people to just show up, then maybe only list a region and let them email you etc.

The page will not say that you won't sell for pets, only that you are willing to sell intact pigs to people who want to raise them for meat. I'm sure the webdesigner will have some sort of stipulation like "raised humanely" etc. which I'm sure you all won't mind. I've already paid my web-fees til Nov of this year so at least until then it will be free. Assuming we get the same fees each year the cost should be free to only a few bucks.

2. bbbuddy

bbbuddy Well-Known Member

George, I sent you an email!
    Would love to be on your meat breeder's page!

3. myrandaandkids

myrandaandkids Well-Known Member

4. pyrnad

pyrnad Well-Known Member

5. GeorgeK

supposedly the page is up. Let me know if there are any corrections. As far as I know there are no formal societies / directories for pbp meat breeders, (lots of pet breeders' groups) so spread the word if you know of others willing to be public about it. I've known several to be bullied into hiding by the pet pig lobby.

6. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

Hi George, I PM'd you. Thanks!

7. MilkandHoney

MilkandHoney Well-Known Member

Looks good George. :happy: I like your preample to the list. I wish you much success in getting more pbp meat breeders involved. Now if we can do the same for the Kunekune et al.

8. GeorgeK

We now have a direct link from the home page to the breeder page. http://www.windridgefarm.us/ I know there's 1-2 more people wanting a listing, but the lady who does the coding to add stuff to the website is spending this weekend watching the winter X-Games, so it will probably be a week or so to add more

9. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

George, I emailed you from your site.

10. GeorgeK

somehow the listing for the person in Michigan and I want to say somewhere in New England got deleted, so if you could email me again, I can post it