Patrick McManus Has Died At 84

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bearfootfarm, Apr 15, 2018 at 10:14 PM.

1. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

Anyone who has read outdoor magazines over the last 30 years has probably read and enjoyed his stories. He was one of the funniest writers I've ever read.

If you're not familiar with his works you should read some of his books and stories.

"Obituaries
    Outdoors humor columnist Patrick F. McManus dies at 84
    [​IMG]
    FILE - In this Nov. 20, 2008, file photo, Patrick F. McManus, is seen in Spokane, Wash. McManus, a prolific writer best known for his humor columns in fishing and hunting magazines who also wrote mystery novels and one-man comedy plays, has died. He was 84. McManus’ business partner Tim Behrens said Friday, April 13, 2018, that McManus died Wednesday evening, April 11 at a nursing facility in Spokane, Wash., where he had been in declining health. (Colin Mulvany /The Spokesman-Review via AP, File) (Associated Press)
    By Keith Ridler | AP April 13

BOISE, Idaho — Patrick F. McManus, a prolific writer best known for his humor columns in fishing and hunting magazines who also wrote mystery novels and one-man comedy plays, has died. He was 84.

McManus died Wednesday evening at a nursing facility where he lived in Spokane, Washington, where he had been in declining health, Tim Behrens, who performed the one-man plays, said Friday.

“He was a warm man, he was a good man, he was a funny man,” Behrens said. “I look at him right up there with Mark Twain.” "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...d2e19b79966_story.html?utm_term=.3aa605c0baf8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_F._McManus

2. CajunSunshine

CajunSunshine Joie de vivre!

RIP, Mr. McManus. He has made me laugh hard enough to cry more times than I can count.

I always enjoyed reading his column in Outdoor Life magazine. Now I wish I had torn out the columns before recycling the old magazines...but I have most of his books!

3. Echoesechos

Echoesechos Well-Known Member

Loved reading his stuff. RIP Patrick.

4. tiffanysgallery

tiffanysgallery Well-Known Member Supporter

5. JJ Grandits

JJ Grandits Well-Known Member

Started reading him as a very young man. Maybe 12 or 13 years old. Always enjoyed his writings. They helped make sense and see the humor of my early outdoor experiences.

6. brosil

brosil Well-Known Member Supporter

When my BIL was first divorced, his novels were the only thing that made him laugh. RIP Pat. I'll do the Modified Stationary Panic in your honor.

Cornhusker likes this.
  7. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Unapologetically me Supporter

One of my favorites, he always made me laugh.
    R.I.P Pat, I hope The fishing is good where you are.