Pat Lamar

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Buckrun, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Buckrun

Buckrun Well-Known Member

Pat
    I just joined the PRMA. I used Pay Pal. I don't know if I did everything correct (I think I did). Is there a way you could make sure it goes through ok?

I have raised rabbits in the past but don't have any right now. I plan to get some again and want to get the bases covered before I do.

I want to find some of these doe's that have 8 to 12 babies and raise them all. I have never had a doe raise more than 6 that I can remember.
    Steve

2. Buckrun

Everything is A-OK I got an email from the PRMA that comfermed my membership application. Can't wait for my 1st. news letter!
    Steve

3. Pat Lamar

Pat Lamar Well-Known Member Supporter

Glad to know you received the confirmation e-mail, heheheh. You'll be getting a lot more than just the "newsletter".... you'll also be receiving the 116-page Guide Book, a Membership Directory (I'm currently working on the new one), and, of course, a copy of the current 32-page PRMA Journal. As soon as the Secretary notifies me with the appropriate information, you'll be added to the PRMA Listserve, too. If you received the password information in the e-mail, you can also view all these items (except for the listserve) in the "Members" section of the PRMA web site, as everything we produce in hard copy is also put on the web site.

Sounds like you probably got ahold of some show stock if the does weren't throwing more than 6 kits. Once you're on the listserve, you can post that you're looking for adequate stock, but be sure to specify your state. We do have quite a few Ohio members.

Actually, what you'll want is 8 to 10... 12 is just too many. The larger the litter, the smaller the kits are at birth, and that means slower growth rates. "More is better" does *NOT* apply in this case, heheheh.

Pat Lamar
    President
    Professional Rabbit Meat Association
    http://www.prma.org/

4. Buckrun

Thanks Pat.
    I paid $11.00 for the internet only? membership. Will I get the newsletter in the mail? I want to get that because reading on the PC buggs my eyes out.
    Steve

5. Pat Lamar

Ahhh.... sorry to say, but no. You will need to pay another $5.00 in order to get the hard copy version. $10.00 ($11.00 for paying through PayPal) is for the web site access, only. Sorry about that! Since the majority of our members do choose the hard copy version, I sometimes forget that we even offer the web only version!

You should be able to pay the additional $5.00 through PayPal... just be sure to enclose a note to the Secretary stating that you are upgrading to the hard copy version, instead.

Pat Lamar
    President

6. Buckrun

I always do things the hard way :no: I just sent another $5.00. I hope I did it right. It looked like I did it right. Where is the person located that takes care of this? :confused: :eek:

Steve

7. Pat Lamar

The Secretary-Treasurer is Denise Konzek, and ironically... she lives in Kennewick, WA, only 3 or 4 miles from me! LOL She raises Californians, Havanas, Florida Whites, black New Zealands, and now I think she has some English Spots, too.

Did you think that I run the whole show? No way! It's too much and too big for just one person! We have officers and committees and even a web master. Yes, I am the editor and publisher of the PRMA Journal, but it wasn't originally planned that way and came about by accident, whereupon I was asked by the Board of Directors to continue in that role. I am also the listowner for the PRMA Listserve. The Thursday evening live public "Rabbit Production" chats are *not* affiliated with the PRMA, although many of the attendees are PRMA members, and the co-hosts are PRMA members. The chat was in existence long before the PRMA came about. I just happen to be a co-founder of the chat along with Dean Goforth of Blue Chip Farms in S.C.

Did that help to clear some of the confusion for you?

Pat Lamar
    President

8. dlwelch

dlwelch Well-Known Member

Steve:

You will have access (internet) to the back issues of the Journal.
    You can always download to your PC or print them if it's easier to read.