Passport questions

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Windy in Kansas, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

My ex wife of 18 years past called to inquire where I was born. She is preparing a passport application and it was one of the questions, also my DOB.

I'm not aware of any skeletons in my closet and can't imagine that big brother will have any interest in me at all. I am curious though---does anyone know what they are looking for, what kind of checking they do on a person, etc. Within the year I changed jobs and a security check was done on me as I now work for a governmental agency. Will that send up a flag?

Thanks for any comments or knowledge you have and can share.

2. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

if she flys to the middle east and spends a few nights in the hezobolah hilton, it might raise a few red flags...

where does she intend to go?

3. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

That really seems odd. If it is her passport, why questions about you?

4. frogmammy

frogmammy Well-Known Member Supporter

Because if she kept her married name after the divorce, she has to account for her name change, from her birth name. They're checking HER, not you.

Mon

5. midwsthomestead

midwsthomestead joy seeker

Yeah, that's my wonderin'--why questions about YOU if it's her passport?!?

~~

6. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

She won't be going real far, a US friendly country in central America. I don't think it is known for drugs or anything special that would give a flags up for general travel. I don't feel I should be specific since it isn't me that is traveling.

She resumed her maiden name after the divorce, but the application asks if the applicant has ever been married, hence the questions.

It asks for the location and DOB of her parents as well. I expect to help with citizenship questions.

Suppose I could check the on line application site to see what all they do ask.

7. roughingit

roughingit knitwit

She should still be able to get her passport just fine. I didn't have any trouble with only having one parent's info to give. I was worried that being illegitimate would flag me yet again since I couldn't give a father's name much less place or birth or SSN.