Homesteading Forum banner

Parents of special needs kids, I need your help with a gift

606 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  madness 
#1 ·
I am shopping for my cousin with special needs. He is blind but can see light, he is nearly deaf, and has other special needs. He has this toy, Soothe & Glow Seahorse by Fisher price.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1228747028&sr=8-1

It plays quiet nature sounds, lights up and vibrates lightly. This is the only toy he likes. I am looking for something similar that he would enjoy.

Any ideas?

#2 ·
think in terms of sensory stimulation. he will enjoy various textures and sounds. it gives his other working senses stimulation. one of our clients enjoys flashing lights and will wave her hand over the beam of a flashlight to make it flicker. it may take some trial and error to figure out what he would enjoy.

#7 ·
I worked in a special ed classroom at an elementary school. The top favorite items were space blankets (mostly for the kids with vision problems - sparkly reflections), weighted things like big bean bags or weighted vests and anything that vibrated (we had balls, and those massage things from the store).

I looked at the link marvella posted. TONS of good stuff there! Boy, you could spend a fortune on cool stuff there...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.