Paquebot tomato?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Colorado, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Colorado

Colorado Well-Known Member

Is Douce de Picardle tomato suppose to be RL or PL? I have both I see. But most are RL.

2. Paquebot

Paquebot Well-Known Member

Good, and thanks for reporting that! It confirms what I encountered here with Douce de Picardie. With me, it was one PL and 3 RL with one of each saved. Fruit from the PL plant was identical to the RL plant. It would be interesting if you would grow both and see what happens. We can't find much background on it and my original seed source didn't know as someone else supplied him. Since nobody is certain which is correct, I saved seed from both as if they were the same variety, which they were!

Martin

3. Colorado

Colorado Well-Known Member

Paquebot, Thanks. I had been careful to not mix up seed. Well in two pots of tomatoes I missed a label. All same kind in each of the two pots. What ever those two are I will find out yet. Go back through the seed packages but have not had time. Should be small fruited. Wrote down all transpanted . Two varieties in bound to show up.

I plan to grow both kinds of the DDP. I plan to save seed.

I bought 7 small potatoes at the store of the Cream potato. Before they had only large ones and I could not see eyes on them really. Very very white. I cut them in half and planted. Really have my doubts on them. 81 cents for less than a pound. They do not look normal to me. Like maybe treated with something. If they don't grow I have not wasted too much. Big ones were like Idaho baker or Russet in shape. I had never seen a potato that white before.