Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,791 Posts
Well it's done! Signed sealed and payed for! We are now the happy owners of 23 acres in the mountains of Montana. It will be at least a year before we can move up full time, we can't wait.

It will be a big move for us. It will mean my husband will be able to do his artwork full time( and I will do marketing).

We have awebsite up for his artwork now. Small steps butforward we go!

Jill

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
His pictures are very nice. I'm sure he'll find lots of inspiration on the land.

U

·
0 Posts
"Above the Clark Ford River just east of Superior."

That's Clark FORK River: If you're gonna live there, ya gotta spell it right.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Start a journal now. You'll want to capture the feeling of first love for your land, so you can recapture it later in print when you are asking us to remind you why you are homesteading (we all have those days)!

Give yourself a dime for everytime you tell someone: "it's the best thing we ever did". Subtract a nickle everytime you whine: "why isn't there a store (doctor, restaurant, gas station) closer to our house".

It will be a wonderful journey and you'll be glad you have a a written record. Include photos (for "before" and "after" to measure your progress and share with us) and sketches and ideas and dreams, etc. Congratulations and welcome to your new homestead.

'

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Clark Fork River" Sorry! I am not perfect!

I have researched the snow and temps. It is looking like half a foot will be the most on average and temps hardly ever get below zero. Here in Wyoming it is alot colder and 4 feet out the back door is normal. We are looking forward to the more moderate temps and getting rid the snowblower.

The funny thing is that the the property is excatly half way between my mom's place in Canada and his mom's place in Wyoming. That coupled with running our business from home means I will get to make weekend trips home.

Jill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts