Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With many looking for alternative building materials papercrete is one that is rarely mentioned here.

Basically the paper is soaked and broken down into pulp and is then most frequently mixed with Portland cement or clay, and then mixed with sand and formed into large blocks which are relatively light weight with good insulating properties.

With so much paper now being recycled I'm not sure how feasible it is for many areas.

Since there are so many good links for papercrete it is probably best to let you do a search for the term in order for you to choose the link which suits your viewing/reading best.

May I recommend this search engine for your search as you can thumb through home pages without going from results link to link. Instead they are presented in a viewer mode. http://www.searchme.com/

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! What a great search engine. I'd much rather use that than poking through the often misleading descriptions on the big three. Is it new?
I really can't say as I just came across it last evening. Today I got an updated version of Firefox browser and found some add-ons that look like they might have some additional benefits over the ones I'm already using.

It is fun and yields benefits to explore new things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts