palpating

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by dunroven, Apr 16, 2005.

1. dunroven

dunroven Well-Known Member Supporter

Pat, if you are around, I tried to do the palpating on my rabbits today. Hubby held them while I felt, but they are just straight, solid tummies. No loose skin or fat or anything. If they were pregnant, this being 8 days, I should feel little marble like things in that lower section of the abdomen, right? According to the "Guide to Raising Better Rabbits and Cavies." Please let me know if you think I need to wait a little longer, which that's not a problem, but I want to be sure to get the kindling boxes in place in time.

Thanks!

Valorie

2. Tiffann4k

Tiffann4k Well-Known Member

I still have not figured out how to palpate( or what I am suppose to be feeling) but I have heard its best to do around 14 days ??? But that could be different for everyone

The only way I can tell is when my doe wont hold still for me to palpate her( they get really jumpy when I touch her lower abdomen) and I can feel her nipples getting larger

3. slfisher

slfisher Well-Known Member

I'm not going to palpate. Just a couple of days after I introduced the does to the buck, they started cleaning out their cages. That's good enough for me. I got them nesting boxes yesterday.