Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We attend a special needs parent group at a local church. They are making a room for the children and I offered to do a mural. I am hoping this will lead to bigger things.
But I wanted to post some pics of it.

The wall measures 9 feet high by 22 feet long. Sorry for the lighting.....the room has florescent lights so it didn't help.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,852 Posts
Neat. I like the trees and meadowlands.

My daughter did something like that for a church, that someone saw that got a mural at beauty salon, that someone saw that got her a job painting large mural sized wall panels of New York for a New Year's Eve party at a Hilton hotel.

so it may just work for you also.

Angie

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Wow, that's going to be wonderful! I can see the scenery, and I love the church, please post more photos as you go along. You're really talented!

·
Country Girl
4,306 Posts
You're doing great!!! I have a big back wall in my computer classroom that I have been thinking of painting a mural on. You inspire me!!!

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Ya'll........
I don't know when I will be able to get back and do some more painting and take more pics.

I'm getting a little irritated with the other parents in the parent group. Before we started the mural everyone agreed they would help paint. which would have been the base colors and I would come in and finish it by doing the detail work.
Well, the other day I and DH announced that we needed painters, and they all said they are busy and have a hetic schedule. Hmmmmmmmmm............
So I am a bit irritated to say the least. Because only one person, the special needs director at the church is the only one who's been meeting me there and staying until 10 at night to help me paint. DH stays home and watches DD, so he can't do it.

And in my first post, I don't think I mentioned that I am doing this for FREE, so I guess I am feeling a little used right now.

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think something weird is going on with my thread. I posted after Tricky Grama, yet it doesn't show on the thread listings?? Weird.

·
I am a Christian American
2,974 Posts
beautiful! Say, I have a 20 ft x 100 ft blank side of a barn, hmmm.....Too bad I do not have your gift.

·
USMC can't fix stupid(s)
2,736 Posts
FiddleKat said:
Thanks Ya'll........
I don't know when I will be able to get back and do some more painting and take more pics.

I'm getting a little irritated with the other parents in the parent group. Before we started the mural everyone agreed they would help paint. which would have been the base colors and I would come in and finish it by doing the detail work.
Well, the other day I and DH announced that we needed painters, and they all said they are busy and have a hetic schedule. Hmmmmmmmmm............
So I am a bit irritated to say the least. Because only one person, the special needs director at the church is the only one who's been meeting me there and staying until 10 at night to help me paint. DH stays home and watches DD, so he can't do it.

And in my first post, I don't think I mentioned that I am doing this for FREE, so I guess I am feeling a little used right now.
well, that is just too cool!
look at it this way tho, it will be just like you want it to look! :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
FiddleKat..that is just beautiful. You are extremely talented...I can't believe you don't have offers already, but I know they will come.

It is so frustrating when people pull that stuff, isn't it....as if you don't have a hectic schedule as well! Oh, well...the kids will love it and it will be worth it.

Keep up the great (and inspiring) work.

Rachael

Ps to all...I was going to post pics of my son's "skateboarding" room that I am painting, so if I don't change my mind completely, ya'll just don't compare my "artwork" to FK's ARTWORK!!

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nduetime said:
beautiful! Say, I have a 20 ft x 100 ft blank side of a barn, hmmm.....Too bad I do not have your gift.

I see visions of rolling pastures, cows, silos, corn fields, and cows.

20 ft x 100 ft is a whole lot a painting!!!!

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,480 Posts
Honestly, you don't want rookie help. They would mess it up.

Also, any 'group' project winds up like this. Two folks who do the work.

Just normal human behavior.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts