paid for gas - left without putting the gas in my car...

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by omnicat, Nov 24, 2006.

1. omnicat

omnicat Well-Known Member

A few days ago, I bought a coffee and $10 in gas at a gas station. Yummy mocha in hand, I happily went back to my car, and drove off. That's right. Didn't put the gas into my tank.

Didn't notice until that evening, when I notice I'm still on empty. Wait a minute! I bought gas this morni...oh. crap.

The next morning, I go back (figuring there's no way to get the $10 back, but I won't know until I ask), and say "Hi. I did something really stoopid yesterday morning..." One of the attendants pulls a receipt down from where it was taped to the window and says "I saw you drive off without pumping - I credited your card back" - and hand me the credit receipt.

I said they just won a loyal customer! wow.

2. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

I believe there's still a lot of good, honest people in the world-you just found one at the gas station! :angel:

What a nice way to start the whole holiday season! :)

3. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

Ive done the same thing but wasnt going to say anything as i figured they didnt no who was coming and going.But on my stop in there next morning the attendant poked fun while asking when i was going to pump that gas i paid for yesterday. :p

4. Tonya

Tonya Guest

Make sure the manager knows how good his employee and the mocha are!!!

5. cider

cider Well-Known Member Supporter

My DD dropped my debit card in Walmart today-Black Friday! Someone could have picked it up and wiped me out. But someone picked it up and turned it in to the service desk.
    Thank you whoever you are!
    Yes, there are kind souls out there.

6. Beltane

Beltane Enjoying Four Seasons

That's awesome! I bet you're not the only one to do that! :)

7. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

That was an awesome thing to happen for you!!

I don't want to steal your thread but I had a genorous thing happen at the gas station the other day as well. I went to get gas Wednesday evening and it was full to capacity. The pumps were running extremely slow, anyways, I sat facing the opposite direction as the person ahead of me and when they pull off the person behind them pulls in and takes my place, so hear I am still sitting there. She's done finally after 15 minutes of pumping, and the lady behind her tries the same thing. The cashier, who has been watching the whole thing, comes out, leaving a whole line of people waiting to pay makes the lady move back and lets me pump my gas. I was their for 45 minutes trying to get gas.

It warms my heart that there are people out there that still do nice things for people. I'm glad you got a small part of that.

8. blufford

blufford Well-Known Member Supporter

Speciallady, Maybe its because I'm from near Philadelphia and maybe a little more aggressive then some , but you got to fight for your position in line. That second person hopped in your spot because they saw the first person do it. When you pull in a gas station you got to put your car right on the bumper of the car that your after and when they pull away, stay right on their bumper until your at the pump. It also helps to have a real mean look on your face. After you get your gas you can return to the kind and gentle person that you must be. Now practice that mean look...

9. sullen

sullen Question Answerer

Oh sure, then she gets shot..... :help: She was right to wait. Gas is not worth giving the wrong person the "dirty look" and getting hurt by them for it. It happens all over.

10. nana-san

nana-san Well-Known Member

LOL

11. kitty32_z8

kitty32_z8 Well-Known Member

Thats great that they did that! You needed that coffee WAAAAYYY more than you thought...lol!

12. tinknal

tinknal Well-Known Member Supporter

All this talk about trust and honesty is funny to me. Hereabouts we still pump our gas BEFORE we pay...........LOL

13. FarmboyBill

FarmboyBill Well-Known Member Supporter

Went in, paid and left without it. Seldom get gas there. outta my direction normally. Realize it next day. Go back after work. Ask kid if theres any differences in last nights reciepts. He says he dosent know, but the managers there. HE asks how much diff and I say 10, (so I thought). He asks who the attendant was./ I dont know, but she was playing with a baby another girl brought in. They recognize that and call her. She remembers that the amount was twice the 10. The manager tells me that. I say, well, if im dumb enough to forget to get the gas, i guess im dumb enough to forget the amount. He gives me a card and its good. I bet if he hadnt been there and seen that it was an old geezer that likly did forget it all, that I wouldnt have got the gas. I hope not all of the interested single girls in here dont read this

14. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

What a wonderful turn of events! YAY!!!

15. SmartAZ

SmartAZ Well-Known Member

I hate when that happens. I once paid $20 for a $3 breakfast and walked away without my change. I had to go without dinner that day!

16. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

they are worth their weight in gold! having done that before can sympathize! luckily it was a friends gas station and he knows how forgetful i am! :rolleyes:

17. omnicat

omnicat Well-Known Member

You needed that coffee WAAAAYYY more than you thought...lol!

Ha! True. I'm the kind of person that is not competent to make the coffee if I haven't had my coffee yet. Can be a real catch-22 sometimes!

18. Sparticle

Sparticle Well-Known Member Supporter

I did the EXACT same thing 2 weeks ago. Went inside, paid for a coffee and gas and drove off, coffee in hand. I also didn't find out until later and noticed the tank still on E. But, I didn't get a credit. It's the first time I ever did anything like that.

19. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

Now that is certainly a new twist on drive-offs. I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Here we still pay after pumping. Nearly each day the police blotter tells of one or two drive-offs that didn't pay. What really surprises me is the number of arrests made for those drive-offs. No doubt in part to surveillance cameras and the careful eye of clerks, but that doesn't account for the rest of the arrests.

20. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    In Florida now its the law that you must prepay for gas, it saves the police a lot of work. We have so many transients here all the time.