Ozark organics/co-op warehouse

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Jaclynne, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Jaclynne

Jaclynne Well-Known Member Supporter

Anybody know what happened to these people? I just found them a few months ago and they deliver in my area. Now, I've been waiting for them to 'restructure' forever so I can order.

Are they defunct now?

Thanks!

Halo

2. blue gecko

blue gecko Well-Known Member

I was talking with a client about them just a few days ago. She mentioned that someone in her church orders from them regularly. Sounds like they are still up and running. Many years ago they were the coolest store then they expanded into a grocery store and warehouse. Later they split with the grocery store and became the wholesale supplier they are today.

http://www.ozarkorganics.com/index.php

There is a message on their site concerning filing for bankruptcy so who knows. There doesn't seem to be any activity on the site since September. I sure would hate to see them go under.

3. Jaclynne

Jaclynne Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks blue gecko, they have been in limbo a lot langer than Sept. That is just the latest message posted. I thought from their previous message that they were still conducting business with current customers, just not taking new accounts till they got settled. Guess not.

Halo

4. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

The last time I talked to them on the phone they said they would be back up and running in October or November. Maybe that has been extended to after the first of the year.

5. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

Supposedly they have someone who is going to take over operations, according to Tom Murray (what his position is, I'm not certain). I emailed back my willingness to do some [free] PR and leg work for the new people to help get the word out. I requested that he keep me posted on what was going on but I never heard back from them.

It's awful that there aren't any alternatives except health food stores, which are pretty much cost prohibitive, at least on my budget.

We'll ust have to keep our fingers crossed.

donsgal

6. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

We had a coop thru them since '98, and we were told they are going bankrupt. This is what the lady who places our orders thru them was told. As far as another place there is AzureStandard for those of you who live in the west otherwise I've had a hard time finding anything. For those in Utah country Walton Feed is a good option. Hope this helps. Tyusclan momma