·
Registered
33,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
33,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

If these tracts were listed for sale separately on our website, Tract 6 (40 acres w/ large timber and four wheeler access) would be $139,500 and Tract P (1+ acres w/ heavy timber and easement road access) would be $22,500. So, the normal “combined sales price” would be $162,000.

But, since we have decided to sell these two tracts together, we are temporarily offering a 25% DISCOUNT off of that price, which brings the total sales price for BOTH tracts down to $121,500.

With your minimum down payment of $2,500 you will automatically get our reduced interest rate of 6 3/4% and your monthly payment will be $1,125.

With a $5,000 down payment, the interest rate will drop to 5 3/4% and the monthly payment will drop to $1,040. Property taxes and maintenance fees total only about $35 a month on each tract, and this is already included in the monthly payments amount(s). The above payments are calculated on about a 15 year amortization schedule. There are NO prepayment penalties and NO hidden fees.

PLEASE NOTE that you have a TWELVE MONTHS to ADD to your down payment in order to reduce your interest rate and payment amount! We want to give ALL of our buyers the opportunity to achieve the lowest interest rate and payment amount possible!

ALSO, if you pay off your property (your loan to us) at any time within the next 5 years you will get a 10% DISCOUNT off of the purchase price of the property!

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,203 Posts
Real estate marketing ploy. They will find a rube to buy it. Based on my experience in the Ozarks, that is overpriced. However, I am no longer a deer hunter.

·
Registered
33,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Real estate marketing ploy. They will find a rube to buy it. Based on my experience in the Ozarks, that is overpriced. However, I am no longer a deer hunter.
I cannot speak to that area, but folks here are paying $3,000 +/- per acre for rough land to hunt.

The land I am talking about here has no timber value, overgrown, washed out and hilly to the point of no use other than hunting.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
You can still find wooded tracts off the beaten path for 1K an acre for 40 acre tracts in the Ozarks.
That is way overpriced.

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
With owner financed property, it isn't uncommon for the land price and interest rate to be above market, plus fees. Thats biz.
I personally wouldn't do it but I was never in a position to want to either.
If you go into a deal informed and open eyed and understand the contract, for some folks it may be their best option to owning land.
Note-Always file these agreements with the county.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
That area is overrun with feral hogs now. If the hog you're pursuing runs on to the federal owned forests, you're in legal trouble. Only way is to trap them and if you use dogs (like I do) be very aware where the dogs go because they can go over your land into federal land real easy. MDC is doing a very terrible job trying to eradicate hogs. Feral hogs is a cash cow to them now.

·
STILL not Alice
20,173 Posts
That area is overrun with feral hogs now. If the hog you're pursuing runs on to the federal owned forests, you're in legal trouble. Only way is to trap them and if you use dogs (like I do) be very aware where the dogs go because they can go over your land into federal land real easy. MDC is doing a very terrible job trying to eradicate hogs. Feral hogs is a cash cow to them now.
Are you selling land in KY? I ask because every post you make about MO is denigrating.

·
STILL not Alice
20,173 Posts
You can still find wooded tracts off the beaten path for 1K an acre for 40 acre tracts in the Ozarks.
That is way overpriced.
Overpriced, but sold. We have a lot of refugees from western states coming in. They have loads of money, and are accustomed to the outrageous west coast prices. They think they got a steal.

My biggest issue with some of the migrants is that they forget they are refugees, and try to be missionaries. As @Alice In TX/MO noted, it's not a good idea to come to a new place and try to make it over into your old place.

Your handle suggests to me that you may be up near Shannon County. I used to work up that way. Land is beautiful, but I don't know about availability or taxes.

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
I have mentioned to transplants in the past, politely, who have described our area as "Nice, but it needs more "'X'" that if you want those services, products, regulations, you should look closer to such and such city.

Or as the Brandy Clark song goes....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Overpriced, but sold. We have a lot of refugees from western states coming in. They have loads of money, and are accustomed to the outrageous west coast prices. They think they got a steal.

My biggest issue with some of the migrants is that they forget they are refugees, and try to be missionaries. As @Alice In TX/MO noted, it's not a good idea to come to a new place and try to make it over into your old place.

Your handle suggests to me that you may be up near Shannon County. I used to work up that way. Land is beautiful, but I don't know about availability or taxes.
I was about 15 miles from where Alice has a place, I was a few miles from the Elevenpoint river.
I moved and enjoying where I'm at.
Taxes were low.
I had countless adventures in Shannon, Carter, Ripley, Howell, Douglas, Texas and Oregon county where I lived.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,203 Posts
I thought the original poster wanted an owner financed place.

·
STILL not Alice
20,173 Posts

·
STILL not Alice
20,173 Posts
I was about 15 miles from where Alice has a place, I was a few miles from the Elevenpoint river.
I moved and enjoying where I'm at.
Taxes were low.
I had countless adventures in Shannon, Carter, Ripley, Howell, Douglas, Texas and Oregon county where I lived.
I thought of the Elevenpoint River when I saw your handle.

It is a lovely area. <3

Reactions: Alice In TX/MO

·
STILL not Alice
20,173 Posts
I have mentioned to transplants in the past, politely, who have described our area as "Nice, but it needs more "'X'" that if you want those services, products, regulations, you should look closer to such and such city.

Reactions: Alice In TX/MO
1 - 15 of 15 Posts