Overhead Door, automatic door openers

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by East Texas Pine Rooter, Nov 2, 2004.

1. East Texas Pine Rooter

East Texas Pine Rooter Well-Known Member

I have a automatic overhead garage door on my barn. It has a light sensor that detects object in the way, and will keep it from working. Can anyone tell me how to disconect the sensor, so the door will work without it. It is a safety devise.

2. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

Why? :rolleyes:

Anyway since there is only two wires running from the sensors id say if you cut them and twist them together it should function.Or maybe leave them apart.Either way it either makes connection or disrupts the constant connection.
    Or you could just pull the wires loose and tape the two sensors together face to face,and lay them over a rafter. :D

3. Emily Nouvertne

Emily Nouvertne Well-Known Member

We took ours from the brackets down by the floor and put them facing eachother ABOVE the door, door always works BUT there is NO safety device! Not advisable if you have small children. I know about 3 weeks ago I was putting the door down and the cat decided to run under it...she'll think twice next time. She is OK but wasn't too pleased at the time.

4. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

It will not work if you cut the wires just mount them in the rafters faceing each other and be done with it. theyre a pain if you have dogs or kids.

mikell

5. pandbscott5925

pandbscott5925 Member

thank those sue happy people for those. i am a service tech for overhead door, you cannot get rid of those, they cause alot of problems, but the circuit board recieves a pulse signal from them, so cutting them out will not work, other option is mounting them on the ceiling touching each other, never give you another problem.