Overcoming Consumerism

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Pony, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

A friend directed me to this site, and I'm really impressed. Lots of good ideas for ways to save money, share, build community, etc.

(Don't know if I should have put this here or in Families, but it's good info either way.)

http://www.verdant.net/

Pony!

2. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Interesting :nerd: I love dumpster diving LOL

3. Hip_Shot_Hanna

Hip_Shot_Hanna Well-Known Member

Pony, thanks for sharing this site! I've bookmarked it so I can go back again and again. I spent two hours there reading, and I'm far from getting through it all. What a great site! :clap:

4. katlupe

katlupe Off-The-Grid Homesteader Supporter

Pony, Thanks for the link. I spent a long time on that site. Plus, I checked out how bad my county is for pollution. And it's one of the worst! I will be going back to that site for awhile now, just to get it all read.
    Thanks.

5. Morriagiolla

Morriagiolla Well-Known Member

Very interesting....I think I will be reading more of it soon.

6. Gary in ohio

Gary in ohio Well-Known Member Supporter

DD is fun but is becomming more and more illegal and more and more dangerious.
    Unlike trashcans, Dumpers are private property and whats in the trash in not "free" its the propery of the dumper owner.

Its getting dangerous with all the "chemicals, junk and medical waste" that is dumped. I use to dump dive at near an electroncis company for parts but not they share the dumpster with a medical facility and to much "junk" for me to dive.