Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least 126 people have become infected after eating at the Pars Cove Persian Cuisine booth at the Taste of Chicago food festival, says the Department of Health, Chicago. According to Tim Hadac, of the Chicago Health Department, nine of them were infected with salmonella bacteria. The Pars Cove Persian Cuisine booth served a cucumber salad over hummus.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/healthnews.php?newsid=76840

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Thats scary, you never know i guess. We went out for dinner last night to a Mongolian BBQ and after we got home My Dh and oldest daughter and I both had cramping and diarrhea, little one didn't eat all that much there, so she was fine, i found that rather odd..

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Those symptoms could suggest food poisoning or just something you could have had a reaction to like a spice or herb. I am now deathly allergic to cilantro and there are spices in chinese food that react on me like your reaction to the mongolian bbq. Hope you are all feeling better soon! Eat yogurt and bananas! When I get bad I follow the BRAT diet. Bananas, rice, apples and toast. Bland but effective.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
belladulcinea said:
Those symptoms could suggest food poisoning or just something you could have had a reaction to like a spice or herb. I am now deathly allergic to cilantro and there are spices in chinese food that react on me like your reaction to the mongolian bbq. Hope you are all feeling better soon! Eat yogurt and bananas! When I get bad I follow the BRAT diet. Bananas, rice, apples and toast. Bland but effective.

Actually it was like an hour after we ate the food, it's weird that all 3 of us got it .. my dad said maybe they used some tenderizer in the meat that caused it, :shrug: and it was only 1-2 times then it went away. We all used terrikayi sauce and we all had beef. I think we will skip that place next time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Petunia40 said:
Thats scary, you never know i guess. We went out for dinner last night to a Mongolian BBQ and after we got home My Dh and oldest daughter and I both had cramping and diarrhea, little one didn't eat all that much there, so she was fine, i found that rather odd..
Sounds like "Chinese Restaurant Syndrome", a reaction to the MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) that a lot of Chinese places use in their food. I get it when I eat at some places, and the symptoms are exactly as you describe.

galump

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
pigeonracer2k said:
Sounds to me like they may have eaten what we call the Lebanese Curry, eat the meal and all night long long you are up with the Sheites.

LOL cute but sadly kinda true

·
proud to be pro-choice
2,691 Posts
They've confirmed 15 cases of salmonella - almost 500 are 'claiming' to be ill, might be the chance of some quick cash to some. Given the number of people who go through the taste, the number of people who are sick is well below 1%. This is the first time I've heard of any one being ill and the Taste has been going on a number of years now. Eating out is a risk, be it in the park, Mickey D's or an upscale restaurant. I'd rather see people outraged over imported foods with the lack of regulation and inspection.

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
ladycat said:
At least 126 people have become infected after eating at the Pars Cove Persian Cuisine booth at the Taste of Chicago food festival, says the Department of Health, Chicago. According to Tim Hadac, of the Chicago Health Department, nine of them were infected with salmonella bacteria. The Pars Cove Persian Cuisine booth served a cucumber salad over hummus.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/healthnews.php?newsid=76840
Well it looks like my picky eating habits would have paid off nicely. I don't like cucumbers OR hummus.

Looks like a lawsuit in the brewing to me.

donsgal

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
My husband got food poisoning about three weeks ago from a local fast food restaurant. He was a sick little puppy. We wound up in the ER on Sunday and that was bad news. ER is no place for sick people on weekends.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I found praying before each meal has substantially reduced my risk of food poisoning. Some dining experiences are quite holy, prayer before the meal, prayers during the meal and prayers for hours after eating at some places.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts