Outdoor Heater: Central Boiler vs. Woodmaster

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Joey Wahoo, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Joey Wahoo

Joey Wahoo Well-Known Member

I'm considering these two suppliers. I'd sure love to have comments or suggestions to help me decide.

thanks in advance

2. Joey Wahoo

Joey Wahoo Well-Known Member

Of course if someone can recommend a different manufacturer entirely I'd love to hear that too.

thanks

3. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, we've had a Central Boiler for over 10 years and are very pleased with it and the company. Had a leak in underground lines and they said it was a manufacturers error way back when and they gave us all the new line free. We got to do the digging! Clean heat and I hear they have now got a solar add on to run the little circulating motor so it could be totally non-electric. We have a Mennonite neighbor that sells these and we are really happy with the service we get. Yes,they are pricey but so is a regular furnace and we have 80 acres of oak woods so pretty sure we aren't gonna have to worry about fuel prices. Some claim they smoke too much; don't know as we always burn seasoned wood....as big of chunks as we can heave in the door so alot less splitting involved. Just be sure to intstall enough baseboard..original dealer didn't figure it right and some rooms were cold so we added more baseboard and now I'm too hot! Never to hot for my skinny hubby. DEE

4. mink

mink Well-Known Member

dont know about those brands but i have a woodmaster 4400 and i think its great, burns a compareable amount of wood as did my inside wood stove . best part is when my electric hot water tank is off i save about 30 bucks a month.....mink

5. Dave S.

Dave S. Well-Known Member

In my area the Central Boiler is the top choice. When I was researching outdoor boilers I decided on the Central, they seemed to have the best, IMO. I am now researching masonry heaters. I know someone who heats his 2,000 foot house on 3 cords of wood a year!