Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building outdoor fireplace. To be used if necessary to cook on with cast iron & hanging pot. Trying to find a swing bar to hang pot or kettle. Need asap so can insert into wall. No one seems to sell this and no luck with a welder.
Called all fireplace dealers within 50 miles and no one can help.
Any ideas??

·
Registered
807 Posts
I believe this is what you're looking for?

http://spitjack.com/category/FIREPLACE_CRANES.html

Just be absolutely SURE that it is mounted properly into the side wall! Very dangerous if it should let go with heavy pot full of hot food!

I'd love to see pics as your project progresses, if you're so inclined (request coming from someone who does not post pics on Internet)

Good luck, be safe.

In His Love
Mich

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all. Quite an education.
I have ordered a fireplace crane. Rather pricy, but safe. Will be delivered soon and then the brick mason will start my fireplace. This is my first step to become independent from the utilities and also prepare for emergencies.
It may be a while b4, completion, but will post a pic.
Y'all are great!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: outdoor fireplace.
On my way to getting an independent cooking place if needed.
Still some work to be done, but almost finished.
You asked for pic!s. Never done, but will try.
Next project is storage for water. Have such a small place, but trying to be prepared. ImageUploadedByHomesteading Today1414541804.200708.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Re: outdoor fireplace.
On my way to getting an independent cooking place if needed.
Still some work to be done, but almost finished.
You asked for pic!s. Never done, but will try.
Next project is storage for water. Have such a small place, but trying to be prepared. View attachment 38827

If I could, I'd hire you to come build one at my place. That's beautiful!!! Have you considered making this more than a hobby?

Mommy in Michigan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts