Well, we want to move this summer after kids finish school. We are thinking of putting house on the market at end of March. Hubby is in touch with atleast one company that called him regarding a job - it's not a dream job, but it would get us there and we would have health ins., etc. We would move within a 45 min commute of a couple of cities with alot of companies that need people in his line of work. He would continue to look for the next 4 months and has headhunters looking for him also. In two weeks he wants to go down and meet with people at the company and see if it's a "fit", meet with a builder of modular homes we have been talking to and see his work. Also he will hopefully be able to look at land and find something or an area. We will then buy blueprints for house we want because they take about 4 weeks to get to builder. House will be up for sale here and then we figure sometime the end of april? we would have them start the modular house. It takes 3 months for a turnkey house. We will be here and hubby will be working here during all this time and paying bills and we will be saving. The big question is the job, do we just commit to doing this and then if the doesn't have a job lined up in the next four months we go anyway and find something simple just to have a positive flow of some sort? We do have $$ saved in a retirement fund which in a true emergency could use (we prefer to leave it though). The other scenario is that i go down to the new house with kids and he stays at his parents if necessary and keeps this job atleast until the end of the summer which he will have very little bills (no mortgage or anything to pay) and will be able to save enough to give us a few months (very basic living) when he shows up at the end of summer. We will have a better idea when he goes down in two weeks to check things out. He also in the process of lining of interviews for then also. The big thing is, do we just commit to this and do it - the worst case is i'm with kids during part of summer while he makes the $$ here. The real estate market has leveled off here and i fear he will have a heart attack from stress of his job if we wait another year. We will not have a mortgage when we move, we will be building a house that is not huge and not fancy. Any guidance or someone who has done a similar thing would be very helpful. Thanks so much.