Our Oven is Evil...

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by largentdepoche, Jan 4, 2007.

1. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

I SWEAR that oven knows when I'm making desserts.

I made homemade mac and cheese and it cooked like a champ.

I made a yellow cake and it only cooked half of it! I poked in the middle and it came out clean so I didn't think about it. When I was getting ready to frost the cake I could tell it wasn't finished.

I threw the stove on to 450F and cooked it for 10 minutes, came out perfect.

I have no clue..but the oven is from when I was in kindergarden LOL!

Anyone else have tempermental appliances?

Kat

2. Zipporah

Zipporah Well-Known Member

I need it.A weight conscious oven.LOL

3. Pink_Carnation

Pink_Carnation Well-Known Member

Is the oven on an outside wall? If so was the wind blowing? When I was growing up we had problems then.

I would also get an oven thermometer to check how it is doing. With mac & cheese you wouldn't notice if it was off by 20deg. but you would for a cake.

4. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

My tv turns itself on at 1:30 pm every single day without fail. Recently, it has started turning itself on in the middle of the night as well. Wouldnt be bad if there was anything decent on to watch.

5. AR Cattails

AR Cattails Well-Known Member Supporter

My oven is the worst. It takes hours to cook something that should just take an hour. The other day, New Years Day, I planned to have a ham dinner. The ham was suppose to cook for 4 1/2 hours. It took about 10 hours to cook. Once when I was checking the ham, some of the grease spilled out into the oven and smoked the whole house really bad...right before the oven caught on fire. Freaked me out! :help: I will not cook anything in that oven again unless it's like a pizza that will cook within a 1/2 hour, etc.