Our New House

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by FolioMark, May 24, 2005.

1. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    We finally bought the new house here in town and unloaded our big old barn of a house on a much younger man. The new house is just around the corner from the old one but its like another world. Its a nice one story victorian cottage but its been completely redone. New siding and roof, new systems, new plaster and paint,
    a good new furnace and central air. Everything new and clean. Its LIKE HEAVEN after years in that dusty grubby old house, the orginal home handyman special money pit. Even our dogs seem calmer and content. Old Wheeza loves her new yard so well she wont even come in the house. Shes staked claim to a cozy corner in the shed and seems perfectly content. Even our crazy deaf dog has stopped barking at everything and peace reigns at all hours. The carpenter will finish my new ramp tomorrow and I will be able to come and go. And the best thing is that there is a second house at the back of the lot. A little one up, one down and a bath that I can rent out to some nice quiet grad student for now and then use it as a pied a terre here in town when I retire to my missouri homestead. And then I can rent the main house out. I cant tell you how happy we are in this new place.
    Its a real blessing. Heres some pics if you care to see. http://www.geocities.com/theatrerb/BEARDSLEY.html Pictures taken on a gloomy spring day. Its really shady and pretty now. Beautiful yard and garden space.
    :) :)

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate Supporter

Great find Mark. Looks as if it will be extra charming after you get it decorated to your liking.

Glad things are working out for you. (or as we'd say it down here,, ya'll)

Angie

3. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

What a cute house Mark. Congratulations. Are you still keeping the place you were building in the Ozarks.

4. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

May you find new blessings and joy in your new house. :)

5. Pauline

Pauline Well-Known Member Supporter

looks like a keeper ,what a great place for you it will be lovely when you get it all decorated and planted enjoy your new home