Our little Fall get together in Okla

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Thumper/inOkla., Oct 25, 2004.

1. Thumper/inOkla.

Thumper/inOkla. Well-Known Member

I just wanted to share about a little get together we had at Blue Heeler Downs last weekend (Oct 23rd) We had 53 people, 6 car loads which camped over night

We did campfire cooking courtesy of Judy from Tabletop and Little Bit of Littlebit Farm. Who traveled respectively 1 hour and 1/2 hour to my place.

There was wild plant forageing hikes, target shooting, demo's of rabbit and pig butchering, tours of our gardens, solar system, water systems, house and greenhouse, cellar under the house, barn bantam room/pens. Lots of herbs. Some home logging equipment, tree climbing lessons with a rope harness rig,
    Homemade wines and vinegars. Cow and goat milk cheese made over the open fire. Soaps, lotions and salves. Swaps and gifts for everone. A Biodiesel car, a goat cart, a 1953 Ford Jubilee Tractor Model NAA. Honey and bees to look at. Quilt blocks, crochet how too's, and sewing patterns.

and Lots of other things I missed because of running around.....
    .......and lots of new friends!

2. TabletopHomestead

TabletopHomestead Well-Known Member

It was a blast. More fun than I've had in years. Hopefully we'll make it a yearly event and it will just get better and better. Thumper's the real deal and her place is great.

3. TabletopHomestead

TabletopHomestead Well-Known Member

The whole idea originated through our Oklahoma homesteading group New Okie Pioneers. Here's the website for anyone interested.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewOkiePioneers

4. Wow, sounded interesting! I didn't know you all was going to do all those things. I just figured you all would just get together, eat, talk politics and moral issues and then head to the pondarosa. If I had of known it was going to be that interesting I might have tried to gone myself.

5. healing herbals

healing herbals Pam in OK

You should have been there !! Besides the things Thumper said, one of our group put it this way, "We had kids running around and being perfectly satisfied without TV, computers or even game boys !!" I loved meeting new friends and seeing old ones. The bartering, and sharing of each other was the best part.