Our Christmas eve ritual

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by SandyB, Dec 24, 2006.

1. SandyB

SandyB AKA Southernbelle32

Every year on Christmas eve our family meaning brother his family, my family and sister and her family go to my parents home and celebrate Christmas together. I normally make tons of appetizers (sp?) for our meal along with deserts but this year since I'm tired more than not I'm making a huge pan of baked ziti, a salad and garlic bread. Being pregnant makes you think how you can make things as good as before but not so tiring on yourself!! :)

Then tomorrow my moms side of the family comes over and we pig out!!! :dance: Tonight there will be around 12 of us but Christmas day there will be around 50 people if not a few more! I love tomorrow because not only is it Jesus' birthday but I get to see 2 cousin who have recently returned from Iraq and also see many aunts and uncles that we don't see alot! as well as tons of cousins! and not spend one penny on a present just time together the true meaning to me!!!!

So how do you spend your Christams eve and Christams day??

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

This year my family seems to be very low keyed on the whole thing. So today we are gathering at my youngest daughter's house. She's the married one with children. Her sister, and my uncle and I will go over and open presents and have some pizza, and relax...

then I'll come home get night stuff, and spend the night at the older daughter's town house and watch tv specials, etc.... just chill.

Tomorrow, will end up at uncle's house for late dinner....

Some presents, but not many. they and I don't need much.

This is funny cause married daughter didn't want to do much, and said she and hubby had decided to invite for this afternoon, and just be their family for tomorrow. big sister was not liking it much....

But I told married daughter that her hubby and children were NOW her immediate family and rest of us were the extended family, and they were entitled to have their own time alone to enjoy. She was so happy I told her that.... maybe that was the best present I could have given them..

Merry Christmas all.

Angie

3. neal68

neal68 Well-Known Member

we order chinese food on x-mas eve and the kids get to unwrap 1 present :dance: .

4. SandyB

SandyB AKA Southernbelle32

Growing up we always got to open just one present and man it was funny we always got pj's!!! :grump: :)

5. Miz Mary

Miz Mary Well-Known Member Supporter

We are going over to my SIL tonight, having Subway sandwiches and munchies, there will be about 14 there, the youngest 14 years old............
    .....everybody plays Christmas Carols with KAZOO"S !!!!!!! DH and I will go home and sleep - most others sleep over- then we will head back over in the morning for breakfast and gifts, then about 1 pm, more family arrives and we eat leg of lamb dinner.............
    DH and & will be home by 6 to watch Monday Wrestling......they are doing a special show this year over in Iraq for the troops...........then Dh & I and FIL will open our gifts to each other !!!
    All of this while wearing our new Christmas pajamas of course !!!!!