Our bucks

Discussion in 'Goats' started by dosthouhavemilk, May 28, 2005.

1. dosthouhavemilk

dosthouhavemilk Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, our Nubian bucks from Kansas finally arrived about a month ago. There was a scare becuase one of them had an abcess (it was lanced at her vet's office and then matter sent in for testing). So when they arrived we quaranteened them upstairs until the results came back. I was not looking forward to having both of them culled, but was ready to do it if need be. Admittedly we have little clue what our status is but I have seen one abcess in 8 years and that was not in the right place for CL and we assume it was from the hay Iris was eating. It did not act at all like CL.
    Anyways, the results came back and he was negative. His orignal farm has done selective testing and been negative anyways.
    The person who cared for them for a month named them Mike and Ike but I think we finally settled on Napoleon and Ivan. They are both registerable, but we aren't going to pay the extra money for the papers. I will sell them with her contact info because she is going to hold onto all the papers.
    They aren't quite as big as I would like, but we will see what their offspring do.
    [​IMG]
    Ivan- a 2004 March kid.
    SS: CREAM-OF-KANSAS' SUGAR SHACK
    S:TIMBER-CREEK SHACK'S SOLOMON - N001273754
    SD:TIMBER-CREEK H. PHOENICIA
    Ivan
    DS:DALE-HAVEN M.T. ROYAL JUBILEE
    D:TIMBER-CREEK R.J. MITE - N001143562
    DD:TIMBER-CREEK ETHIOPIA
    [​IMG]
    Napoleon- a 2004 April kid.
    SS: CREAM-OF-KANSAS' SUGAR SHACK
    S:TIMBER-CREEK SHACK'S SOLOMON - N001273754
    SD:TIMBER-CREEK H. PHOENICIA
    Napoleon
    DS:TIMBER-CREEK JONATHAN
    D:TIMBER-CREEK NINEVEH - N001189630
    DD:TIMBER-CREEK ETHIOPIA
    Since they are so close in their breeding, I'll use both this year and most likely sell one in 2006. I got a deal for buying both.

The buck I am really excited about is Rudolph Valentino (Rudy Booty Butt). Rudy for short. I think we'll go with Valentino when we get him registered. We will register him because we love his looks and hopefully he will make a great buck for someone else down the road.
    Rudy came from TN and was in teh collection I picked up in February. He was born February 14, 2005. A sweetie from the start. He wags his tail like a dog and he is naturally polled (yes!).
    [​IMG]
    Rudy is the Nubian. The white buck is a half pygmy, quarter Boer, quarter Saanen buck out of Velvet. Her last kid. His name is Archibold and he is going to breed brush goats. He is a month older than Rudy. Rudy and Archie are being raised with Madelin and Twyla for now. They are too small to go in the buck pen, but too much of a male to be with the doe herd. Archie tries to breed the heifers. :roll: Eventually Rudy will go in with Bo to bond. So when they go to the buck pen Bo will have someone to protect him.
    SS:SWISS ACRES PRETTY SPOTY
    S:LOVE -R- GOATS PRINCE CHECKERS - N001273083
    SD:pFK FARMS FW COMET'S SEDONA
    Magic Acre _____ (not sure how it all works yet) Valentino
    DS:HAGLER RS/C NEPTUNE
    D:pRESSLEY'S PRIDE FROSTY BELLE - N001267103
    DD:MAHAFFEYS N HURICANE BLUE
    We aren't going to use him for breeding this year. There are only about nine does to breed to the above Nubians so we will let him grow a bit.

[​IMG]
    William
    D: Saanen
    S: Boer buck
    He's two years old now. My brother (standing behind him) is close to 6 feet tall. I am so glad William was hand raised by me. He knows his place and is still extremely easy going. He and his buddy Charlie (sold last November) were raised with a hefier as well.

[​IMG]
    Bo. Bo, who was attacked by a dog(s) two months ago. On May 2nd, we were told by the vet he would never walk again and all he could suggest at that point was to have him killed. Bo was still healing and we had put too much time and money into him to just give up. That and we almost never kill animals. We were even trying to think up devices for him to use to get around. Luckily we won't need them. He not only stands but walk, dashes, and climbs. He should be ready to breed in August. :) He was born in march of 2004 as well.

2. PLPP

PLPP Boer Lover

Nice goats. That ones horns are crazy :)

3. dosthouhavemilk

dosthouhavemilk Well-Known Member Supporter

Thank you. :)
    Yeah. His right scur curled in and around inside itself. Never into his head. He actually lost that scur less than a week ago. Normally he loses the one that grows "straight." We've kept a close eye on them but so far they are not an issue.