OT - Anyone here live in North Dakota?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by dbarjacres, Jan 7, 2007.

1. dbarjacres

dbarjacres Well-Known Member Supporter

We are looking at moving from Wisconsin (high income and property taxes and ridiculous RE prices) to North Dakota (which has low income and property taxes and very reasonable RE). We just went out for 4 days and really like the Jamestown area and found our perfect place. So, just looking to see if anyone has any knowledge or pointers about that area. We've outgrown our acreage and outbuildings here and need to relocate anyway, and seems like it would be a good move for us, with a climate realitivly the same. Please email me off list. Thanks! Jenny dbarjacres@ceas.coop

2. Macybaby

Macybaby I love South Dakota Supporter

I have a nephew who lives a bit south of Jamestown. I live a bit farther south, along the James River (south SD). I don't know a lot about ND, but I would have moved there (Jamestown) in a heart beat had the place I applied to offered a job.

Instead I got one in SD, and love it here too.

I also moved from WI, for the reasons you mentioned. SD also has the advantage of no income tax. One thing you did not mention is moving to a 2A friendly state. I've discovered I love shooting sports, and would never move back to WI for that reason alone.

WI is beautiful, it's just too bad the politics is so rural-unfriendly.

Cathy

3. dbarjacres

dbarjacres Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah, that's another reason for going, Wisconsin isn't the friendliest state in some regards.