Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my Osters to clip our goats, but they dont work on sheep.

Can someone tell me what I need to look for to make them work on sheep?

We rescued one today and she needs a good shearing!

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
What breed is she. I shear my hamps twice a year if I don't the wool is just to hard to shear. So I would flip her and start on the belly, there should be less wool their and work your way up the sides. G&S

·
Namaste
1,528 Posts
I'm not familiar with the clipmaster, I use the shear master - an older model with an 10pt comb and 3 pt 2.5" cutter. The new ones are larger at 3" and a 4 pt cutter. In the Jeffer's catalog the clip master looks like a totally different item and I don't see blades that are similar to the shearing combs. Maybe you could borrow someone's shearmaster set-up?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no idea what breed she is.

Sorry, I dont know anything about sheep. She's just a regular sheep. LOL Not a hair sheep, or dahl sheep, I know that much. White. Wooly. Tail docked.

She's just 25 pounds, and probably ok without her mama.

The reason I need to shear her is that her wool is FULL of those painful sticker burr thingies. I cant pull them out because there are a million of them. I got the worst ones in the tender areas, but there are too many to get by hand. She also had a bunch of porcupine quills in her nose and around her mouth which I pulled out right away before I even put her in the truck.

I dont know anyone to borrow shears from, and thought I could just buy special blades for my Oster. I looked in the Jeffers catalogue and cant figure out which ones I need. I will just call them.

Thanks for the help!
ARK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts