Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are bringing 2 young wethers home this weekend. I have 3 ornamental cherry trees in the fenced in area that we are removing before they get here. The question is, can I leave the stump or is the bark poisonous as well? I was going to treat the stump with Tordon to prevent any further growth on it.

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
No, the stump should be fine. They should keep fresh growth mowed down, and they are not affected by FRESH leaves, ONLY wilted leaves is my understanding... I'd be more afraid of treating the stumps with something. (not sure what that product is?) Just be sure to remove all the downed tree tops from their pen.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the stump should be fine. They should keep fresh growth mowed down, and they are not affected by FRESH leaves, ONLY wilted leaves is my understanding... I'd be more afraid of treating the stumps with something. (not sure what that product is?) Just be sure to remove all the downed tree tops from their pen.
That is a good point about treating the stump being potentially dangerous. Since winter is coming, we probably won't see any fresh growth any time soon anyway. The leaves are basically gone at this point too and what is on the ground is dry. Although I plan to rake around them to be sure.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts