OREGON nubian breeders

Discussion in 'Goats' started by nubianakers, Oct 17, 2004.

1. nubianakers

nubianakers Member

Please, is there any REG. Nubian goat breeders in Oregon? :worship:
    I need to revamp my doe and buck lines. I live in North Bend, Or. I also have tons of questions on Nubians... I am new at this and have entered in to the nubian goats because my daughter and two neighbor girls wanted to join a 4-H goat club and no one had nubians in our area. :waa: WELL, in 4 short months I scared up two beggining 4-H does and a decent buck for dairy and kidding. Now I am in the goat world now... or atleast trying to keep my head up in it. :haha:
    I have heard this is a great group to comminicate with... so here I am and I am here to have fun and learn about our new goats. Please take a few moments to say "HI" ! I'll see ya around. :eek:

2. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

Welcome NA to the world of long eared caprines!! :haha: Have you joined the ADGA yet? they'll send you a Membership Directory along with all sorts of other interesting stuff and information.. or you could go to www.adga.org and look through the Breeders Websites.. I'd list who was in the directory, but I have typing issues.. :no: but I can tell you that there is Nubian stud service (or were you looking to purchase a buckling??) in...

Molalla x 2
    Boring x 2
    Eagle Point
    BandonHermiston
    Burns
    Milton-freewater
    Klamath Falls x 3
    Myrtle Point x 2
    Corvallas
    Madras x 2
    Gold beach
    Durkee
    Rainier x 3
    Cloverdale
    Woodburn
    Marcola
    Cave Junction
    Selma x 2
    Ontario x 2
    Scio
    Rouge River x 2
    Albany
    Oregon City x 2
    Yamhill
    Mulinno x 2
    Clatskaine
    Roseburg
    Weston x 2
    Sandy x 2
    Junction City
    Beaverton
    Hermiston
    Noti
    Salem x 2
    Creswell
    Coquille
    Cheshire
    Portland x 2
    Applegate
    Prineville x 2
    Sprague River
    Sheridan
    Canby
    Redmond
    Elgin
    Warrenton and Banks

and welcome to the forum!!

3. nubianakers

nubianakers Member

Thank You Stacey Adams for my first official "WELCOME"- I am very glad to meet you. I had NO IDEA that their where that many nubian persons (breeders) in Oregon, I am sure I have found some of them on their web sites- but certainly not all that you listed!!! You seem to have better knowledge of where and how to find them... HaHa, you think you have typing issues... mine are just computer issues when it comes to finding something I acually want to find!!!
    The one in Bandon and Gold Beach are the closest to me I believe, I you have anytime pass the web add. on to a desperite woman. I have my own buck- he has just sired to many ladies and we need to find them a boyfriend. :)
    Thanks Again for the "hello" hope to hear from all soon.

4. nubianakers

nubianakers Member

PLEASE if you are a Nubian breeder anywhere close to NORTH BEND, Or. not only introduce yourself, leave your web site, e-mail or someother neat way to reach you about your for sale prosects.... Thanks.

5. D and J Ranch

D and J Ranch Member

6. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

Why, your very welcome for the welcome! :)
    and that list was only the people offering stud service.. there were a whole lot of owners, and I'm sure a few of them with bucklings to sell come this spring..
    The breeder in Bandon is Hellen and Robert Aten - 541-347-9546, no web site
    and the breeder in Gold Beach is Mrs Marjorie Crossen - 503-247-2449, no web site either
    If they don't have what your looking for, maybe they can help you find it..??
    Good luck with your endeavor!!

7. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

longman@cavenet.com Only one of the best Nubian herds on the West coast is in Oregon! http://user.cavenet.com/longman/

Come on over to Nubian Talk on groupsyahoo.com... you can learn anything you want on pedigree. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NubianTalk/

What bloodlines are you working with now? You don't want to breed 'this to that' in Nubian, it's really all about breeding type and linebreeding in lines known to work well together. I love to talk Nubian! Vicki (18 years of Nubians)

8. NewlandNubians

NewlandNubians Well-Known Member

I second the recommendation to call Betty Longman. She has not only been breeding top-quality nubians since the 60's, she is also very pleasant to talk to and very knowledgeable. I have bred Nubians since 1987 and learned a thing or two from just talking to her for a half hour. I even dropped a name of a goat a friend bought from her in the early 80's and she replied back to me with my friend's name, the buck she bought, the sire of the buckling, and the dam of the buckling and the month and year she shipped the buck and where she shipped him!!! Amazing record keeping!

9. nubianakers

nubianakers Member

10. nubianakers

nubianakers Member

11. nubianakers

nubianakers Member