Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for Californian, NZ whites or standard Satin rabbits. I'm willing to drive a ways. Does anyone raise them, or know of anyone?

Nan

·
Registered
47 Posts
are you looking for purebreds?
must they be whites?

we have NZ blacks and Checkered/Cal , Checkered/NZB pretty regularly.
no pure NZW or Cals though

nans31 said:
I'm looking for Californian, NZ whites or standard Satin rabbits. I'm willing to drive a ways. Does anyone raise them, or know of anyone?

Nan

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have New Zealand Whites and Californians. Lots of litters right now, from 3 to 6 weeks old. We are on the Olympic Peninsula...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shaneymc said:
are you looking for purebreds?
must they be whites?

we have NZ blacks and Checkered/Cal , Checkered/NZB pretty regularly.
no pure NZW or Cals though

Yes, must be whites. Thanks.
Gatecity, I'm going to PM you.

Nan

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have Californians. Also have many contacts as I am the Washington State Rabbit Breeders Corresponding Secretary (so if I don't have it probally know who does) I am also the Professional Rabbit Meat Association Secretary. So if you like pm me and I'll try to help.
Denise

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Denise K. said:
I have Californians. Also have many contacts as I am the Washington State Rabbit Breeders Corresponding Secretary (so if I don't have it probally know who does) I am also the Professional Rabbit Meat Association Secretary. So if you like pm me and I'll try to help.
Denise

I PM'd you Denise..... thanks!

Nan

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kitty32_z8 said:
Here is a link for a person in Shelton who has rabbits. I have not yet purchased from them but they look good.

http://www.dragonslairrabbitry.com/index.html

Kathy

I have emailed her, but no reply yet. have you been to her place to look at them? I'm having a little luck around here, but not a whole lot. I've visited a few rabbit barns now, and it's amazing how some people raise them.
Thanks for posting the link tho!
nan

·
Registered
703 Posts
No sorry I havent been down there. I grew up on a farm with 300 or so butcher rabbits at a time. Times have changed though and my mother went out of business in the early 70's. I havent been to any current growers to see how their places look, but as morals have gone down in the U.S. I am sure so have compasion for the animals, unfortunatly.
Oh forgot... I noticed she says in spring she can get rabbits from a supplier when she is out. <--- thought I would let you know.
Kathy

·
Registered
281 Posts
kitty32_z8 said:
I havent been to any current growers to see how their places look, but as morals have gone down in the U.S. I am sure so have compasion for the animals, unfortunatly.

That's a good reason to buy from someone who is in it for the long haul instead of from someone out for the quick buck. Real farmers/ranchers are animal lovers and care deeply for the well being of the animals in their charge.

Mike

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nans31 said:
Yes, must be whites. Thanks.
Gatecity, I'm going to PM you.

Nan

I was wrong, they don't NEED to be whites. If anyone has any that isn't pure white, let me know!
Nan

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am also looking for Californians and New Zealands.
I am looking for up to 10 does of each from litters where the mom produces 8 or more in a litter. If anyone has any for sale 6 to 16 weeks old please let me know. I am willing to travel to pick them up, must be very healthy and I'm willing to travel anywhere in Washington or Oregon.
Thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts