Operation "Baby Goats" is a success!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by reluctantpatriot, May 2, 2005.

1. reluctantpatriot

reluctantpatriot I am good without god.

Terra Planet, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    Hey there,

Bambi finally put into operation Plan "Baby Goats" at 7:15 a.m. CST this morning and finished it at about 8:15 a.m. CST. The cold snap last night must have encouraged her to finally birth the babies.

The pregnancy was a bit hard on her as yesterday she could barely waddle back to the ad hoc shelter we had set up for her on the living room porch. However, she is feeling better now that she has delivered. The babies, both bucks, are doing well and as of this afternoon are able to stand for a short period of time. The brown one looks like his mother and is named Lewis while the black one looks like his father, Boots, and is named Clark. The pair of Lewis and Clark are so named because this is "unexplored territory" for us here, with our first live goat babies born on the homestead.

Here is the link to the photos I have put online on Yahoo of the goats to help save downloading a huge sized thread to your computer: The goat photos

2. Eunice

Eunice Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your Bambi and Boots and babies pictures. It looks like a nice healthy family.

3. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

My Kinder doe kidded this morning, too! She had two bucks and a doe kid. They are really cute, but I can't post pictures. Anyway, I'm glad she's done, and I'm glad your goat had her babies, too, and all is well.

Kathleen

4. Farmgirl2005

Farmgirl2005 Well-Known Member

THey look just like their parents i mean almost identical. THanks for the posting the pictures. Thanks Again LYN
    THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!!!

5. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

really nice, and cute as can be.

6. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

congrats on your kids. really cute.
    i'm a little bit curious why has the buck a sweater on and why is he so thin?
    susanne

7. BucksCtyCowgirl

BucksCtyCowgirl Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!They are so CUTE!But which is which?

Katharine