Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two does kindle this morning(day 30) and one more to go....4 due next month

CRD(crazy red doe) had 6 and one was dead, my other doe first time moma had 6 and lost two. So far the rest of the "Doodles" have fat frog bellies and seem to be doing fine. My cali doe was bred the same as these does and she has her box all made up like she wants it so anytime now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont put mine in grow out pens....they stay with the mom until I get ready for DH to process them usually at 6 to 8 weeks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I dont put mine in grow out pens....they stay with the mom until I get ready for DH to process them usually at 6 to 8 weeks.
What breed of rabbits do you have? I have mixed breed rabbits and it takes 4 months to get them butcher size. I am considering getting new ones and want fast growers.

Farm junkie

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What breed of rabbits do you have? I have mixed breed rabbits and it takes 4 months to get them butcher size. I am considering getting new ones and want fast growers.

Farm junkie
I have NZs and Calis, sometimes I breed them pure some times I cross them. I also do a lot of inbreeding/linebreeding. Also the ones that are butchered at 6 weeks are for customers they like to fry them, the ones that we keep are usually 12 weeks because we like more meat and I boil them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts