Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Budding homesteader
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Our" bunnies (two of the three litters from which we will choose) were born yesterday, litters of 7 and 12. The third litter is due any day now. We'll get one buck and two does, hopefully one from each litter. They're Californians. We should be able to bring them home in about six weeks. :sing: :sing: :sing:

I guess I'd better get my son busy building the rest of those cages (he's doing them for a merit badge project for Scouts).

·
Registered
611 Posts
Its always fun to have the bunnies born at another rabbitry that you want. It keeps you waiting. Im in the same situation, the litter is due anyday:)

Good luck, lets hope you get what you want!

Jesse:)

·
Budding homesteader
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its always fun to have the bunnies born at another rabbitry that you want. It keeps you waiting. Im in the same situation, the litter is due anyday:)

Good luck, lets hope you get what you want!
Thanks, Jesse! We're really excited! We get to go see them in a couple of weeks. They're coming from our 4H rabbit club leader's father, and they have good pedigrees.

We're also hoping to get a pair/trio of the Brazilians when they start to spread across the country, but no date on that yet.

·
Budding homesteader
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Care to share what exactly he's doing for the badge? I don't think my son is ever going to advance, LOL
This is for Family Life merit badge. He has to plan and carry out one project by himself to benefit the family, and he has to plan another project for the entire family to carry out (probably some fencing). The cages are his solo project. We're going to TSC this afternoon to pick up the welded wire cage material and some heavy-duty wire cutters. We already have the J clips and pliers. I'll order the door frames and a few other accessories from Bass next week.

He just has four almost-completed merit badges and his Eagle project to go. He's trying VERY hard to make Eagle before the inauguration. His two older brothers are both Eagles, so he has a lot of encouragement. :)

In my experience, Scouts will stay with it and advance if they're having fun. If they're not having fun (boring meetings, unnecessary roadblocks, personal conflicts with other Scouts or leaders, etc.), they won't stay and they won't advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts