online tattoo kit?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by SherryR, Aug 31, 2005.

1. SherryR

SherryR Well-Known Member

where's the best, least expensive online source for tattoo kits? Is there a one size fits all ears kind? Can I buy one size for mini rex & mini lops? (along w/ neth. dwarf too?) No one near me has one to borrow, and my kid wants to enter in shows but cant without tattoo in ear. Dont want to buy one, would rather not, but cant find anyone who has one near me.

thanks,
    SherryR

2. foxtailfarms

foxtailfarms Active Member

Sherry,
    Try Klubertanz Co. www.klubertanz.com That is where i get most of my supplies and did get my tattoo kit from them along time ago. I find their prices to be most reasonable although you can compare them with DuMar's as well. Very nice and helpful people as well. You can even save on shipping if they are attending a show nearby that you can pick up your order from. Hope that helps you some.

Casey

3. dlwelch

dlwelch Well-Known Member

I've seen some offered on EBay. Might check there before paying
    for a new one.

Linda

4. DMC_OH

DMC_OH Well-Known Member

I have this website ... it is a pen type tattooer and I am personally thinking of getting one myself. You would not need to buy different letters and or numbers for the plier style. It is worth a look at the site... http://www.stibbar.com/Store/Rabbitatt/index.htm

5. westbrook

westbrook In Remembrance

I have the BatTat and just love it! easy to use, easy to clean and a 3 warranty. Rabbits sit in my lap quietly while I tattoo in their ears. I have used mine on all my pups when they are asleep.

Often times someone will have a tattooer at the show and usually charges about $1.00 per rabbit. There is always a problem or two with tattoos, especially the clamp or the manual method.

here is a note from another group about tattooers.

To: <Meatrabbits@yahoogroups.com>
    Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 10:40 AM
    Subject: [Meatrabbits] Bat- Tat's

>
    > I had the opportunity this weekend at a show to use three portable tattooer's, the Rabbittat, Pen-Tat and Bat-Tat. Now the Rabbittat is priced in the 50$ range, Pen-Tat about 100$ and Bat-Tat anywhere from 179-200. I was able to use all three to tattoo my rabbits.
    > My feeling, if you absolutely can't swing the Bat-Tat, get the Rabbittat and save up for the Bat-Tat.
    > With the RabbitTat I got a very very thin tattoo line and had to keep going over it 5-6 times. Also if you are doing a 4 digit tattoo you get about 1 to 1 1/2 tattoos done before you have to dip in ink again. The Rabbit Tat is larger to hold than the other two at the base, and the vibration did bother my carpal tunnel. My biggest issue was I had to hold in my teeth to shut if off to put it down while I was holding the rabbit. Not a easy one handed operation. The RabbitTat does have a guide so you can't easily go right thru the ear with the needle.
    > The Pen-Tat had a wider tattoo than the RabbitTat and was easier to shut off with one hand while holding it and the rabbit. But, and this was a big BUT for me, you have to constantly keep dipping it in the ink to do one tattoo. Plus there is no guide and the needle is long, when one rabbit moved I ended up going thru the ear.
    > The Bat-Tat had all the features that I didn't have in the other ones, quiet, lift your finger off the trigger and it is off, so easy one hand operation. One ink dip yielded me 3 4 digit tattoo's and one touch up. Almost not any noticably vibration, and there is a guide area that holds the needle so you won't easily go thru the ear. And go over the letter/digit 3 times and you have a nice wide line, easily readable.
    > Now I have mentioned with all of them about going thru the ear with the needle. With a clamp tattoo you really need a deep penetration to have a readable lasting tattoo, with the pen type you really only need to get into 2 layers of skin as there is a bit more ink put under there. I was tattooing 3 month old satins and touching up a mini rex.
    > So, I'm sold, I'm going with the Bat-Tat. Pam, are you ready to start shipping???
    >
    > Lisa

6. HoosierDeb

HoosierDeb Well-Known Member

I'm new to rabbits and showing and some of the people I've become acquainted with have been very helpful. They tell me that you can almost always find someone at the show who has their tattoo outfit with them and will tattoo your rabbits for you. If you know anyone you might hook up with at a show, you could try it that way.

7. March Hare

March Hare Well-Known Member