online livestock supplies

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Unregistered20, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Who is the cheapest online? We have goats, calf, chickens, dogs and cats.

Wormers, vitamin supplements, vaccinations, etc... oh and people who might know a little about using vet meds on the uninsured..........

2. second_noah

second_noah Local Yokel

www.americanlivestock.com

Just do a google search...

But to really get your moneys worth you'd proably be better off shopping in a local feed store or tack shop. By the time you pay the shipping fees and any FOB charges you'll be way overpaying.

What do you mean by using 'vet meds on the uninsured'?

If you want advice on medicating your animals then there are plenty of folk on here that can help. But nothing takes the place of a vet's consult.

If you mean using meds labled specifically for animals/livestock on 'uninsured' humans, umm, don't.

3. BobBoyce

BobBoyce Well-Known Member

There's folk around here that have been using livestock meds, and homebrew remedies, on themselves and their families for generations. They just can't afford the high prices of doctors and prescription drugs. Not saying it's the best or legal thing to do, but they do it nontheless.

Bob

4. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

5. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

I have bought a number of times from Jeffers Livestock Supply (www.jefferslivestock.com) and have been extremely pleased with their products and services. Even with S&H still cheaper than the local farmers' co-op on most products.

Ken Scharabok

6. second_noah

second_noah Local Yokel

I do the same thing, but I just meant that if you don't know what you're doing, self-medicating with livestock meds maybe isn't the best idea...that's all...

7. BobBoyce

BobBoyce Well-Known Member

second_noah, I agree 100% with that. I've done it myself a time or two many years back, when I needed antibiotics for a chronic problem, and couldn't afford either the doctor or prescription meds. I had been to a doctor repeatedly for this same problem for over a decade, so I knew exactly what I needed and how much to dose.

One interesting thing, since I moved out of south florida in 1997, that chronic problem totally went away. It must have been triggered by something environmental.

Bob