Online Doctors,....

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by sdrew, Mar 11, 2004.

1. sdrew

sdrew Well-Known Member

Does anyone out there know of a good website that offers online medical advise? I know there's a legal website that offers free legal advise,... just curious if there's a medical site out there. I'm not into spending all kinds of money for a 5 minute doctors visit, as I'm sure you all can relate to. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

2. 12vman

12vman Offgridkindaguy

3. Annie in S.E. Ohio

Annie in S.E. Ohio Active Member

"The Merck Manual" is the best advice that can be had without actually going to a doctor, although you might need a medical encyclopedia/dictionary to understand some of the lingo. You can check it out at your local library, or even get the "home" version written in laymen's language. It has saved me several visits from having to actually see a doctor for minor problems, it also helps explain test results and lab results far better than the doctor can take the time to explain to you.

"The Merck Veterinary Manual" is an excellent addition to your reference library to have on hand if you have any kind of critter as well. Both the human and critter version run around 50 dollars each.

4. sdrew

sdrew Well-Known Member

THANKS Annie and 12V-man,.. appreciate the input.

5. Maria

Maria Well-Known Member