Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Joie de vivre!
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heads up...the rumbling noises are getting louder.

Quotes from links:

The alarming online chatter between Ferguson's own cops and their supporters ahead of Michael Brown shooting grand jury verdict

Users on police forum claim police will be powerless to protect the public
One 'cop' says: 'Our gutless commanders and politicians have neutered us
Fears of fresh violence ahead of grand jury verdict over black teen's death
Missouri Gov Jay Nixon mobilises National Guard in state of emergency
But Mr Nixon isn't sure whether he is responsible for how riots are policed

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...police-shooting-National-Guard-called-in.html

Quote:
A grand jury is expected make a decision this month about whether police officer Darren Wilson be charged in the killing of Michael Brown
Massive protests are expected in the aftermath of the decision
In a bulletin, the FBI warned that armed extremist protesters may use the demos as an excuse to attack law enforcement
Missouri Governor Jay Nixon has declared a state of emergency and said National Guard troops will play a backup role to police

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...police-shooting-National-Guard-called-in.html

Hattip: TBM

Reactions: scooter

·
Joie de vivre!
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If a flash hits the pan, I would not be a bit surprised if some of it spread to other areas before it eventually fizzles.

It wouldn't hurt to maintain a "relaxed awareness" as the D-day (decision day) draws near.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The protest groups have given a list of 50 locations in St Louis and vicinity to the local media that they will protest at once the grand jury decision is announced.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
One 'cop' says: 'Our gutless commanders and politicians have neutered us

There's the problem with too many cops. They want to be able to run roughshod over all us "civilians'. Too many want to be the ones that make and enforce laws, then judge us....

Funny how many cops hate taking orders from superiors, yet they expect us to want to take orders from them... :hammer:

·
Joie de vivre!
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will admit to being a bit unsettled, as I am stuck in the New Orleans area taking care of family business and cannot leave.

Phew, and to think I moved to my BOL years ago to escape the obvious environmental and social dangers of living here...and here I sit. :facepalm: I am a seventh generation New Orleanian, and I am amazed at the adverse changes that have creeped in over the course of just one generation...I do not recognize my hometown.

I can see with my own eyes that the aftereffects of the Katrina debacles have never left the city. There is a disturbing undercurrent that I can't quite put my thumb on...don't like it.

I do know that since 2005, ADT signs have sprouted like mushrooms all over the area, even in the so-called quiet and "safe" communities.

It makes me appreciate my BOL so much more. (I won't be grumbling about the ice and snow storms or bears any more, f'sure. At least I can eat the intruder bears that try to break into my cabin, lol.)

·
Joie de vivre!
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: Solar Geek

·
Joie de vivre!
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mob temperatures are rising, and it's starting to get nasty again... details at the link below.

Quotes from a National Review news story that covered last night's events:

Protesters in Ferguson, Mo., have taken to the streets and chosen not to wait for a grand jury’s decision before clashing with police once again.

Ferguson Protesters Erupt Outside Police Department: ‘What Do We Want? Darren Wilson! How Do We Want Him? Dead!’

Some women protesters taunted a couple of female police officers by yelling, “Who’s taking care of your husband?” ... video shows another protester, who threatened a police officer in a K-9 jacket by saying he would go get his own dogs and start a dogfight...

...and on and on it goes.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...department-what-do-we-want-darren-wilson-how?

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Everything about it is disturbing! None of us know enough facts.

Do I give LEO's explicit trust, no! Would I trust the other side, no!

I do KNOW if rioting occurred here, I would use whatever means necessary to protect mine!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
is it just me, or does anyone else feel like this incident is being used to incite a race war? What does looting and destruction of property accomplish? I feel like this president has done more damage than good, he has brought about more division, I guess that was his plan.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Keep in mind. None of this is accidental. The timing, the exploitation, all of it is part of a much greater planned political action. Look at who is involved, ask what is to be accomplished. This is not at all a simple case of public outcry over the perceived injustice of a shooting, not at all! The original participants are just pawns in a much greater national and international planned event, cultivated for a specific outcome.

This is what we all need to understand, and watch for, and educate ourselves about. There will not be an overnight zombie Apocalypse that will change our nation. These things we are seeing right here will be the catalyst that will spread wider and wider with their affects, until we are all affected. Until we are all willing to give up more rights to be protected from (insert race of choice here) by HS and other policing agencies. Unfortunately the folks protesting in SL are playing right into their hands, ignorant of the real outcome. Do not view these situations as, how do I protect myself from the mayhem in order to fully understand them. Look at these situations as "If I had political goals how could I use this to further my goals or increase my power or my government agency power"?? Think in those terms and you can better understand it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts