Online Banking

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by CraftyDiva, Mar 15, 2005.

1. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

I was wondering if anyone here might have some info about ING Direct bank.

I'm interested in opening a savings account with them since their rate of interest is 2.60% Annual Percentage with no min. balance. More then my current bank offers.

I did check BBB and there are no negatives on them, they are insured and you can transfer funds (no fee) to/from your checking account.

Here's the website if interested..............

https://secure1.ingdirect.com/tpw/S...irect.com/about/corporate_content.html&link=5

TIA for any info.

2. Helena

Helena Well-Known Member

I have used it with our bank just to check on balance on checking accounts. No transferring of funds etc. My daughter does all of her banking on line and never has had any real problems. With our bank though you might make a deposit and 3 days later it will show on the on line banking balance..slow. Even if you make a deposit in the bank in the morning it will not come through on the ATM machines untill the next afternoon !! Guess we are still behind the times up here in the mountains. Daughters..within minutes her balance is correct.

3. Hermit

Hermit Active Member

I've checked it out and can't see any reason not to go with it. If you have any money you won't need for a while (yeah right, who has extra money?) their CD's look good too - better interest than the savings account and FDIC insured for those who are skittish of risk.

4. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

ING has been trying for several years to build their US market share. I've read a lot of positive stuff about them in Kipplingers, Money, and the book The Automatic Millionare.

From what I've read, they are a solid financial institution.

Nikki

5. DAVID In Wisconsin

DAVID In Wisconsin Well-Known Member

I have 2 separate account with ING Direct. Had them for about 3 years now. I love them! It's easy and fast to move any amount of money in either direction. I never let money sit in my regular savings account. I move it to ING for the higher interest rate. When I need it, I easily move it back. I have had no problems with them.

6. Steph in MT

Steph in MT Well-Known Member

Hello~
    I've had a savings acct. with ING for years and have been very pleased- never a problem transferring money between it and my Wells Fargo checking acct. I would highly reccomend them. Also, if someone refers you (hint hint) :) you get $25 and the person that refers gets $10. I've referred people before and they do give the $.
    Take care~
    Steph

7. DAVID In Wisconsin

DAVID In Wisconsin Well-Known Member

I have also and still refer others when they ask for the link. It's true, you can open an account with just $5.00 and get the $25.00 free! That's a pretty good return on your dollar!