Online banking...who does it?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by FrankTheTank, Feb 22, 2005.

1. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank Well-Known Member

I'm really interest in opening one of these online accounts (MMA) and linking it to my current checking account. The rates online are a lot better then anything i can do locally. Comments? Thoughts?

thanks

http://www.bankrate.com

2. Steph in MT

Steph in MT Well-Known Member

I've used ING for the past few years and have been very happy with them. They have the best rates I've found. If you do decide to open an account and let me refer you we'll both get a cash bonus. :D Just did it for my brother and they credited both of our accounts right away. Here's their link:
    http://home.ingdirect.com/open/open.html
    Take care~
    Steph

3. mistletoad

mistletoad Well-Known Member Supporter

We use ING too. We got $50 for opening the account and then $10 for each person we refer - they get $25 for opening a new account. I opened savings accounts for the boys and those get the new account bonuses also just as long as the primary account holder didn't already have an account. I am joint on both of those accounts. All in all I got $80 in free money and a great interest rate. The only drawback I see is that deposits are held for a longer period than my local bank, but since these are savings accounts it doesn't really matter to me.

4. birdie_poo

birdie_poo Well-Known Member

I use it. It saves on stamps, plus, it's easier for me to sit at the computer and just check boxes, than it is to write out several checks, remember to put what checks for how much to whom in the register. I think the only downfall is they tell you 3-5 business days, and sometimes, that is just it! In some cases, if I am running behind on a bill, I know I can mail it and get it there faster.

5. DAVID In Wisconsin

DAVID In Wisconsin Well-Known Member

I have also used www.ingdirect.com for several years now. I love it. It's very easy to move money around. Like everyone else I got money just for opening the account and more for referring a few others. Their rates are about the best around with no long term tying up your money.

6. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank Well-Known Member

I was looking @ ING too...They did have a 50 opening bonus, but i haven't located it..(had to do with MS MONEY)...?...

thanks for helpful tips..

7. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

I do the online banking thing with my credit union. I did get a mailing from ING, but I'm happy with the credit union: both service and philosophy. I don't like the big conglomerates playing Pac Man with the banks, so I figger the credit union is the way to go.

Pony!