Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you recommend for purchasing ammo online?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
No one right now. They are asking crazy prices. Previously, Palmetto State Armory and Midway USA and Outdoor Limited were reasonably priced and reliable. Sportsmans Guide offered specials occasionally that was fairly priced.

·
Registered
424 Posts
At least with the ridiculous prices now, shipping is a small percentage of cost. All ammo sites are wrong because, by the time you saw it, it was sold out.

Jeff

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
At least with the ridiculous prices now, shipping is a small percentage of cost. All ammo sites are wrong because, by the time you saw it, it was sold out.

Jeff
What? If one were willing and needed to pay the exorbitant prices today, they could do so through an ammoseek-listed retailer in about 30 seconds. They require their participating retailers to have live inventory feeds.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This was from last June. PSA has been a good supplier.

Item​
Sku​
Qty​
Subtotal​
CCI 9MM 115gr FMJ 1,000 Rounds Bulk Pack - CC5000BK1000
5165447812​
1​
$309.99​
Shipping & Handling​
$26.00​
Grand Total (Excl.Tax)
$335.99
Tax​
$18.60​
Grand Total (Incl.Tax)
$354.59

Thank you, Palmetto State Armory

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Whoever you choose to go with, call them and talk to someone before you order. They often have half cases, manager specials, and odd lots, that are not listed in their advertising. On Monday an old army buddy called me from Florida. He had found a supplier online with 7.62x39 at .33 cents per round, with free shipping. He was planning on getting one thousand rounds, I told him to order one thousand for me as well. After talking to me, he called them up. It was all gone. He who hesitates is lost.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
This came today. I kept figuring they were going to call and tell me there was an error on their end pricing these. It was priced like it was two years ago: <$20.00 a box for JHP 9 mm 50 rounds and right at $0.40 for 5.56.

Ammo1.jpeg

Reactions: Pony

·
Registered
34,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This came today. I kept figuring they were going to call and tell me there was an error on their end pricing these. It was priced like it was two years ago: <$20.00 a box for JHP 9 mm 50 rounds and right at $0.40 for 5.56.
Where did you buy?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Where did you buy?
Midway USA. They sent a promotional email Saturday morning while I was in my office advertising free shipping on 5.56. I was shocked at the price given what it has been going for even on their site. Anyway, I placed the order for 9 mm and 5.56 as quickly as I could and it went through just fine. I tried not to be overly ambitious with the quantities because I am not running low on either and I know others are. I checked back that afternoon and the promotion for free shipping had ended, as had the reasonable prices.

I really didn't believe it until it showed up at the gate, tbh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts