One on the wire

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by cricket, Apr 13, 2005.

1. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

...and 2 dead later. First litter kindled today. We weren't expecting it for another week or so either. However, we have 2 that are alive and so I have great hopes for them. Not sure what I should have done different to prevent this from happening again as I did everything I "should" have. I appreciate everyone walkng me through trying to get the does in season and through the first breeding....I'm sorry 3 are gone though. My daughter went out to feed this afternoon and found them...had to explain to a 10 yr old the REAL facts of life. Not a good day. Well, I wanted to give everyone an update. Cross your fingers or whatever you do for baby rabbits, for the last pair. Thanks....

2. rzrubek

rzrubek Flying Z

Sorry about your loss. Assuming that you did not mis count the number of days of gestation, I would suggest making a note that this doe kindled a week early and put the nest box in at least a week early next time. It may have been a onetime deal or it may be normal for her. Good luck, Randy

3. Tiffann4k

Tiffann4k Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your little ones, its always tough.

4. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

Next doe had her litter today with 7 in the bunch. I must have mis counted the days. Alll are doing wonderfully.... Thanks everyone!