One fair done, one more to go.....

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by dosthouhavemilk, Sep 10, 2005.

1. dosthouhavemilk

dosthouhavemilk Well-Known Member Supporter

[​IMG]
    Our area...
    [​IMG]
    Hannah (closer) trying to get Adia to cooperate and myself with Nessie
    [​IMG]
    Myself none too pleased with Crucible. She had 14 hours of milk in her and was not even full. Not to mention she still thought she had ants in her pants.
    [​IMG]
    Myself and Amity..look at that powerhouse of a cow!
    [​IMG]
    My father (quakerfarmer) and his eldest sister, Peg.

Bold Select Impuls Madelin-Intermediate Heifer Calf-2nd out of four
    Brigles Topkick Bold Calisto-Summer Yearling-5th out of seven
    Bold Select Paramount Nessie-Winter Yearling-3rd out of five
    JEJ Bold Morgan Select Adia-Winter Yearling-4th out of five
    Wishmael Paramount Crucible-Junior 2 Year Old Cow-2nd out of three
    JEJ Brigles Bountiful Amity-Dry Cow-1st out of two
    Produce of Dam (Nessie and Madelin)-1st..only entry.

We'll see what Guernsey County brings with it. That is the district show and there tend to be more entires there. 7 farms showing with 109 Jersey entires.

2. JElfering

JElfering Dairy Dreamer

Roseanna,
    Your cows are beautiful. My daughter Amanda is looking over my shoulder. She just finished showing her spring yearling in August. We are looking forward to her calf. Where is your next fair? Amanda wants to try the Wisconsin State Fair next year. We'll see. If I knew how to send a picture of Amanda and her cow, I would. I am not computer saavy!

Anyways, congrats and best wishes for the next competition.
    Jerseys are addictive!

Jen
    Mom of Ten

3. dosthouhavemilk

What I forgot to mention earlier here is taht Crucible mounted mea t the Fair last Wednesday. She was in raging heat of course so on Friday she as still recovering from the excitement.
    I wish I had more selection. We have a total of less than 50 head of dairy cattle and over 20 of thema re Jersey/Norwegian Red, so not showable.
    Crucible is the only one in ehr age group and taht is the case with most of my other show animals as well.

Crucible did not go to Guernsey County (where we are now). The two year old classes there are tough and I was worried we were going to lose her production altogether. So she went home.
    We show Wednesday morning. 109 Jersey entries, but only about 68 head there. One guy decided not to come because after asking four times they still had not put down his shavings.

Jerseys are wonderful...

4. JeffNY

JeffNY Seeking Type

Very nice animals, I liked Crucible, nice udder on that animal. I wish I could have taken my Jerseys, but there is always next year and the NYS spring show ;). Good to see you did well (if you dont go, you loose IMO)..

Good pics/cows-Heifers.

Jeff

5. dosthouhavemilk

The sad thing is her udder looked better with it not full. Her right rear teat tends to stick out a bit, and she is a little uneven in the front quarters. However, for a two year old in a commercial herd she has a very nice udder and I am hoping that with age she will improve. She is a striking animal, but Paramount tends to throw those heavily. Flashy heifers out of him with long legs.

6. Christina R.

Christina R. Well-Known Member

Your cows are beautiful!!! I am always so impressed with your diligence in keeping up with the hard work that is inherent in raising cattle. You are a heck of a gal.