On the road over holidays...Wytheville, Va?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by nappy, Dec 29, 2006.

1. nappy

nappy Well-Known Member Supporter

Hubby and I are on the road over the holidays visiting kids/grandkids in southeast Mi., Oh. and SC. Stopped off for lunch in Wytheville, Va. Doesn't someone from this forum live around there? Nice town with directions everywhere pointing where motels/restaurants are located. Also drove downtown...saw the huge pencil advertising an office supply store...definitely catches your attention.

Usually we take the path less traveled. Stopped in at the Lehmans store in Kidron, Oh. For an out of the way spot it was packed with people. I bought a SS cookie/sheet cake pan, a wooden spoon, a couple metal bread pans, and a Lehmans ball cap. And because I spent more than $50 they threw in a calendar and a $2 catalog. If you haven't been there before, you should stop whenever you get near Kidron. Is there another store in Mount Hope too? It is listed on brochure about Lehmans.

We are now in Florence, SC until next week.

Nappy

2. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

How about the sale at Mt Hope?? Or the Flea Market At Rogers Ohio. Its on Fridays. Then you have Hartville Fleamarket on Tuesdays?. If you are in Whytheville. I can't say what theres to do. But In W VA on I 77 In Beckley theres A old time crafts center across from the big rest area. Enjoy and have fun..

3. via media

via media Tub-thumper

I pass through Wytheville (WITH-vull ;)) occasionally and it's definitely growing! That area is beautiful - lots of rolling farm land and the people are nice.

I hope you had a good trip, nappy!

/VM

4. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Well, I'm about 1 1/2 hours up I-95 from Florence, so if you come back up this way, give a holler, and I'll feed you coffee or something.

Meg

5. tamsam

tamsam Well-Known Member

While you are there go to the NASCAR meusem at the Darlinton Speedway. It is very interesting if you like racing at all. Plus I helped build a couple of the cars there when I worked at HOLMAN MOODY back in the late 60's. Enjoy your visit and the big rock you see when going up the mountain into Va., it will be off to your right is calle Pilot Mountain. It is where they got the may MT Pilot in the Andy Griffen show. Also you pass right by the town where the shows wre filmed. It is interesting to go and see all the stuff there. They used to have a Barney look alike that rode around in an old patrol car but not sure if the still have it. I will look up the town on the map later and post the name. Sam

6. OzarkHmsteaders

OzarkHmsteaders HomesteadHopefuls

OHHH, I wish I could have went with you, :sing: I have family there,and Max Meadows. I could have given you the numbers, you could have stopped in for coffee. hope you had a fun time.Christine

7. nappy

nappy Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey y'all,

How do you like the southern drawl? (Learning from the grandkids). We are spending time equally with all the kids here in SC. Tonight they cooked us marinated chicken and pork chops on the BBQ grill...butter beans...mashed potatoes...yum. They sure know how to cook in the south! Probably will leave the middle of next week to wander through eastern Tn. and back home to northern Mi. where I'm sure snow is waiting for us. It has been warm (50 to 60s) with the lows in the 40s here. Tomorrow we are heading out to the local flea markets. Another place on the agenda to visit is Myrtle Beach. I've never been there.

Thanks for replying.

Nappy