Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new girly girl rototiller, I am on my way to homesteading adventures...

I have recently had my property rototilled by a tractor and Thanksgiving weekend I am going to go down there and have it done again. THIS is for afterwards, I needed something for a beginner and something I could handle by myself. This way if I can't convince a man to join me on my adventures, I could get the jobs done myself...

On my way, the next purchase is a chainsaw. :rock:

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ugg, I had this big long response all typed up and my son came along and turned off the router and I lost what I was going to say. Well, my dad went to pick up the rototiller and now he is headed to a local town to have his big huge one fixed. I told him if they sell chain saws to pick me up one and I would write him a check. Yes, I am getting there, slow and steady. Finally...

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it is girly girl because it is a baby girl size lol. Yeah, if it was pink it would not be allowed to come over to my house, sorry but I am with Tambo on this one, lol.

·
Reluctant Adult
8,956 Posts
Nice looking little tiller there, cindilu! I'm a big fan of no-till, but my go-to tiller when I want to chop up a little space for a bed of something like lettuce or spinach is my Mantis, which is about the same thing, I think. Yours looks very similar. I love mine and it has given years of reliable service, despite my best efforts to ruin it. You'll love yours, too, I'm sure!! Nice going!! :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have huge amounts of space that need tilled. It was either this baby girl size or buy a tractor and trust me, I have been looking at tractors. My new favorite past time is looking at the ranch and garden section at Craigs List.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Oh. I wish I had one of those. Perfect for between rows. Congratulations.

Any plans on when your breaking ground to build?

So exciting!

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am thinking spring will be the ground breaking time. When the snow is done and the ground unfreezes over there. Going to pay cash so stuff will take time but when it is all said and done it will be paid for. I am still going into this with no debt and going to keep it that way. Which means slow slow slow, lol.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Well, in honor of y'alls girliness suggestions, I've decided I'm gonna spray paint my tiller purple. And then put a glitter clear coat on it. Why didn't I think of this before???

·
Registered
496 Posts
I've never seen a tiller that small!

What kind is it? I'd love to get one for our little garden.

This is neat, reading about your foray into homesteading.
If you get a chance, look up Cold Antler Farm on youtube or facebook.
It's a single lady that decided to homestead by herself. She's doing a bang up job of it and is really entertaining.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts