?? on digital camera use

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Farmer Brown, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Well-Known Member

Wanting to purchase a better digital camera. Maybe a Nikon 2200. Think that number is correct. Anyone have one? Here is a question. Can you begin putting photos on memory card or must you fill built in memory before they begin to go to card? Thanks!! FB

2. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Hey Farmer--I recently posted a thread asking about digital cameras. Search and you will find it with lots of great advice about many brands.

I will say I bought a Fujifilm FinePix A330 for under $150. It fit my budget and I have taken some of the best pictures ever with it.

I can't help you with the card, but good luck.

3. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

I have a Kodak, and when you put a memory card in it, it uses the card. I think you have to remove the card to get it to use the built in

4. MountainMama

MountainMama Well-Known Member

I bought a Fuji Finepix 3800 and the quality is wonderful. You may want to look at them. My friend is a professional photographer and suggested that brand to me and I have been well pleased.

MountainMama

5. Gary in ohio

Gary in ohio Well-Known Member Supporter

Usually the only memory is the memory card. The nikon is just a little 2mp camera. If your looking for small photos, closeups only then this is the camera.
    If you want anything distant then the zoom is not enough.

6. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

About six months ago, we got a new Nikon 8700, 6mp, 8x zoom, 1G card + 256. I traded in my Nikon 2MP - which I collected over 4000 images in about two years - which I thought was a lot, until my son told me he shots about that in two months. Now I have over 3000 images in six months - I use it for work too.

Love the 8700, weight, size, zoom, ease of use, etc.

The already mentioned archive has lots of good info.

I paid $1100, and gave Nikon my old damaged 2MP camera. I think you can buy an 8700 now for about that, without a trade-in. That's about $880 USD.

Very happy with our new 8700.

Alex

7. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank Well-Known Member

Theres is a ton of info out there about digital cams. I recently purchased a Digital Rebel and a small Nikon 3700. Having used digital cameras for a few years i've noticed that 2 to 3 MP seem to be adequate for most people. If you would like to read in depth about any particular camera, i highly recommend a couple sites.

http://www.steves-digicams.com
    http://dcresource.com
    http://dpreview.com

Good luck with the purchase and i'm sure you'll love it.

8. perennial

perennial Well-Known Member

Didn't know if you all knew that if you take pics with a digital camera and print our on your own printer, they will fade over time - especially if you put them anywhere near sunlight.

I've started using ofoto.com You make an account - it's free and download pics onto your album and then they print an send them to you through the mail. It's .29 a pic and it goes down to .22 sometimes on sales. You also get some free prints the first time. You get them in the mail in a few days or so. I was very impressed with the quality. It's owned by Kodak and kodak equipment is used to develop/print them. Around where i live it costs .79 per pic and they come out horrible!

9. Evan Fryman

Evan Fryman Well-Known Member

Minolta Dimage Z3 or Z4