Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to purchase a better digital camera. Maybe a Nikon 2200. Think that number is correct. Anyone have one? Here is a question. Can you begin putting photos on memory card or must you fill built in memory before they begin to go to card? Thanks!! FB

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hey Farmer--I recently posted a thread asking about digital cameras. Search and you will find it with lots of great advice about many brands.

I will say I bought a Fujifilm FinePix A330 for under $150. It fit my budget and I have taken some of the best pictures ever with it.

I can't help you with the card, but good luck.

·
Unreality star
9,894 Posts
I have a Kodak, and when you put a memory card in it, it uses the card. I think you have to remove the card to get it to use the built in

·
Registered
880 Posts
I bought a Fuji Finepix 3800 and the quality is wonderful. You may want to look at them. My friend is a professional photographer and suggested that brand to me and I have been well pleased.

MountainMama

·
Premium Member
3,972 Posts
Usually the only memory is the memory card. The nikon is just a little 2mp camera. If your looking for small photos, closeups only then this is the camera.
If you want anything distant then the zoom is not enough.

Farmer Brown said:
Wanting to purchase a better digital camera. Maybe a Nikon 2200. Think that number is correct. Anyone have one? Here is a question. Can you begin putting photos on memory card or must you fill built in memory before they begin to go to card? Thanks!! FB

·
Registered
833 Posts
About six months ago, we got a new Nikon 8700, 6mp, 8x zoom, 1G card + 256. I traded in my Nikon 2MP - which I collected over 4000 images in about two years - which I thought was a lot, until my son told me he shots about that in two months. Now I have over 3000 images in six months - I use it for work too.

Love the 8700, weight, size, zoom, ease of use, etc.

The already mentioned archive has lots of good info.

I paid $1100, and gave Nikon my old damaged 2MP camera. I think you can buy an 8700 now for about that, without a trade-in. That's about $880 USD.

Very happy with our new 8700.

Alex

·
Registered
366 Posts
Theres is a ton of info out there about digital cams. I recently purchased a Digital Rebel and a small Nikon 3700. Having used digital cameras for a few years i've noticed that 2 to 3 MP seem to be adequate for most people. If you would like to read in depth about any particular camera, i highly recommend a couple sites.

http://www.steves-digicams.com
http://dcresource.com
http://dpreview.com

Good luck with the purchase and i'm sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Didn't know if you all knew that if you take pics with a digital camera and print our on your own printer, they will fade over time - especially if you put them anywhere near sunlight.

I've started using ofoto.com You make an account - it's free and download pics onto your album and then they print an send them to you through the mail. It's .29 a pic and it goes down to .22 sometimes on sales. You also get some free prints the first time. You get them in the mail in a few days or so. I was very impressed with the quality. It's owned by Kodak and kodak equipment is used to develop/print them. Around where i live it costs .79 per pic and they come out horrible!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts