??? on buying a used woodstove

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by ellebeaux, Jun 18, 2005.

1. ellebeaux

ellebeaux Well-Known Member

Hi, I posted to our local online classifieds that I was in search of a small used woodstove for heating a 750 sq ft house. Someone actually replied!

He sent me a couple pictures and said that he knows nothing about it, that it was in the house when he bought it 3 years ago.

So what do I need to ask him? He's only asking $75 including the fire tools and wood bin. I figure I really can't go wrong. How do I check and see if it's working okay?

thanks in advance for your input,

Beaux

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Look for cracks or rust, both will make it useless. Can you put up the pictures link here? The price mentioned sounds very good if alls well with the stove.

3. ellebeaux

Hi Moopups,

Let me try this, I've never done a picture upload. I'll try to find directions!

Beaux

4. ellebeaux

Hi Moopups,

I just don't want to deal with learning how to upload pics right now...

I had my homesteading coworker look at the pics and he thinks it's a great woodstove and a great deal.

It's funny, another friend sent me an elisting for another $75 woodstove, an Upland one. But the one I'm looking at is much fancier, more draft openings, a glass front door and side loading so I think it's a good deal. It's not pretty but at $75 it sure looks beautiful to me!

thanks for your input,

Beaux